Alabama / Tennessee Caches?

Guest ScottJ

Anyone know why there aren't any caches in Alabama or Tennessee? Lots here in Georgia...maybe the word just hasn't gotten round to neighboring states yet?

I live near Atlanta but travel to TN and AL quite a bit, I could place a cache or two ... maybe one up near Chattanooga and one out by Gadsden, but I wonder if anyone would go look for them?

Scott

I'm not using any statistical analysis or anything, but it seems that the first cache hidden in a state usually triggers more to be placed here.

I guess it's always the first one that is the hardest to get placed.

Guest tjbowers

Scott-

Jeremy is right, it's the first one that gets the ball rolling. As for Alabama sites, I plan on establishing a cache at the Sand Rock climbing area in NE Alabama. Are you familiar with that area? I visited Jim Pate's Rock Town cache in NW Georgia the other day and it's very similar to Sand Rock.

-tjb

Guest ScottJ

Been to Sand Rock many times, it'd be a great place for a cache, very challenging. Those "catacombs" would probably play hell with GPS reception, so you'd have to do some orienteering to find a cache in there.

Scott

I've had 3 Stashes MADE and READY for over a month now, I just need to get them out... The first I hope to get out no later than 1-7-2001, it will be on the NE Side of BirmingHam, AL.