I need help in 14 different states!

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

Good idea, nittany dave.

Hey, where is your old avatar? It always inspired me to go to the fridge and get a cold one. Not like i need much inspiration! icon_biggrin.gif

El Diablo

I drank them all! Actually, the old one will be back, I was just playing with a football season avitar. I'll keep this one until January or I lose hope.

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose.

--Jack Handy

For the record.

CCCooperagency has a state series. I'm the part owner of one of them. The entire series is approvable because it has a local maintainer.

The only thing I see about this cache is that in spite of having caches in 14 states, only the locals can really log yours. Unless I'me missed something in the thread where via cooperation you can log a cache where you hide the master cache when you work with the 14 state cachers.

quote:
Originally posted by paintfiction:

You have a Florida contact if you like. I've quite a bit of experience in hiding brutal micros so I'm ready to torture a few more souls.

Jim

Yeah, I'll vouch for paint. And if he can't do it, I'm certainly willing to step in.

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

I need help in fourteen states also. I need the fourteen people who are helping El Diablo in the fourteen states to send me the number he tells you to put in the micro-caches.

Thanks.

Pan

Swallow a live toad first thing in the morning, and chances are that nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day. - Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

<SNIP>One issue I haven't seen brought up, though, is that the first finder of each micro could get inundated with requests for their number. Maybe you should set some restriction, like each micro finder can only share with X people. Finders will have to tell you who they go ttheir numbers from.<SNIP>

Very good point. You'll need to come up with a way to control that. Neat idea, though...and if you need help near Chicago, let me know.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

quote:

These will be 14 regular micros.They will be summitted for approval and logged just as any other micro. They will not be placed soley for this cache...I'm just hitching a ride you might say.

The entire concept behind it is Team Work. It will give cachers a chance to get to know other cachers around the United States. I personally think it would be cool to work one on one with cachers in 14 different states.

El Diablo,

Haven't noticed anyone replying from the Chicago area. The boys and I would be happy to help - we'll even use your hiking sticks to get to the location of the hide!

George

Thanks to everyone for your response and thoughts. I will be contacting 14 of you in the next week or so to set this up.

I have way more than the needed volunteers, so If I don't contact you please don't be offended. I want to make this as spread out as possible. I wish I could think of a way to include all of you in this adventure.

Once again, thanks for the responses, both positive and negative. They all help.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by geospotter:

One thing I considered was the use of existing caches. I'd leave a clue (or in your case a single digit) on the back of an existing logbook (with the owners permission, of course). Perhaps a sticker with a "Congratulations" and an explanation of the bonus cache. Another idea that I never got around to.

I considered calling it a 'hitchhiker', but in the end the best description was 'parasite' and that just wasn't very appealing to me.

How about symbiote? That seems even more accurate than parasite, since symbiots live together for mutual benefit. Would love to see something like this!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish... -Enya, Anywhere Is

This sounds good. But why have only one cache in each state? Why not have several (many) in each state all containing the same digit? This way you would still have to visit 14 states, but not just one site in that state. You may get more cachers to do the cache if finding the coord digits is easier.

Dorothy: "How can you talk if haven't got a brain?" Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"