New Sport: GeoStalking

mckee

I heard about this on another board, rest_area_perverts.com. Apparently these guys like to check out the boards here and then hang around cache-friendly rest areas waiting for lone men appear, wandering around with a gps in their hand. The guys follow these geocachers around, even drive after them if they try to flee in their vehicles.

They call it "GeoStalking." Who knew?

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

quote:
Originally posted by Haggaeus:

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

I heard about this on another board, rest_area_perverts.com. [...]

Are you sure about the domain? Underscores are not allowed in domain names.

Czech caching in US.

Dang, must have typed it wrong. Oh well, too late to correct it now. icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Titus2_13:

mckee, you've got to find a job. You have entirely too much free time on your hands.

My wife is now paying me to stay home and listen to Gustav and Daria on KNRK in the morning, then Rick Emerson on KOTK in the afternoon. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and clean and cook. icon_frown.gif

Actually the housefrau thing is working out nicely. If I could only convince the Little Woman that this French Maid outfit is too snug in my niblets.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Bender:

Bender

Searching, for the lost Xanadu

Every time I see your signature, my brain switches over into Rush Mode and starts playing "Xanadu" icon_mad.gif

--------------------

I don't know about other caches you but in my future cache "Coldwater" you will be able to tell it's a gay park by the sign that says "This is a gay park, please shut the gate behind you to keep the cattle in".

It's also a river access for sportsmen. I can't control where people go to do their private business in public, but I can put a cache there!

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

I don't know about other caches you but in my future cache "Coldwater" you will be able to tell it's a gay park by the sign that says "This is a gay park, please shut the gate behind you to keep the cattle in".

It's also a river access for sportsmen. I can't control where people go to do their private business in public, but I can put a cache there!

Why don't they just hire a big, strapping, manly Cattle Guard?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

I would just like to say that the line beneath my avatar has been there for 2 months now.

Looks like I'll be changing it soon!

The mods have locked that option. Sorry!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox:

LMAO. Women have been telling creepy males to 'get lost' forever. How come big, strong, manly homophobes can't handle the situation? Why do they feel so threatened?

I probably should use a sock puppet to say this. Mind you, I have never done it and probably won't, but the answer we had in our neighborhood for an unwanted advance by a "happy" person was a swift right hook followed by a front kick to the groin.

I can't say from personal experience, but I bet it works.

Disclaimer:

This post is not intended in any way whatsoever to condone violence in any situation whatsoever.

Oh, and I guess if you are one of "them" reading this and you decide it might be nice to proposition me: if a simple "no" doesn't suffice, please read my profile about my OTHER hobbies. icon_biggrin.gif

"Freedom is a two-way street."

GDAE, Dave

quote:
Oh, and I guess if you are one of "them" reading this and you decide it might be nice to proposition me: if a simple "no" doesn't suffice, please read my profile about my OTHER hobbies. icon_biggrin.gif

I've been reading this post along with the other one that started this and can't take it anymore.

While I can appreciate the fact that you don't condone violence and would start with a simple "no" response, is it really necessary to refer to the gay population as "them".

And from someone who calls himself ChurchCampDave - I wonder what you would call somebody who doesn't share your religous beliefs?

Pan, I commend you for standing up and calling everybody on this.

Feel free to flame away. Odds are I won't be reading this thread anymore as the lack of tolerance and common courtesy here is sickening.

quote:
Feel free to flame away. Odds are I won't be reading this thread anymore as the lack of tolerance and common courtesy here is sickening.

Since when does any of this equate to intolerance?

Are you saying that it would be okay for a man to 'geo-stalk' a female cacher? Would it be ok for a man to walk up to a complete stranger and ask her for *G-rated edit*? Would it be OK if he didn't take no for an answer? Would it be OK for him to follow her around in his car?

If the answer to these questions is 'no', then why is it ok for man to do it to another man?

We aren't talking about two guys minding their own business here. We are talking about a potentially dangerous situation for a GC'r.

[flame]And speaking of intolerance, how do you justify slamming on a guy with religious beliefs when he is talking about defending himself if it were necessary? I really want to follow your belief system now: you must love everyone!!! ... except them![/flame]

(also - in northern MA some rest areas were shut down for this very reason - so called 'men' had this thing about hiding in the bushes. Since there were no lavatories, travellers would go off in the bushes and... well... you get the picture. They closed them down years ago, and are slowly replacing them with proper rest areas (well lit, appropriate structures.)

---------------------

16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

quote:
Originally posted by mckee:

I heard about this on another board, rest_area_perverts.com. Apparently these guys like to check out the boards here and then hang around cache-friendly rest areas waiting for lone men appear, wandering around with a gps in their hand. The guys follow these geocachers around, even drive after them if they try to flee in their vehicles.

They call it "GeoStalking." Who knew?

--------------------

"THEM" refers to the people spoken of in the original post quoted above. Since this is the original topic post, the context should be obvious.

Mighty presumptious of you, Mr. Kelia, assuming I was referring to all homosexuals. You obviously read into it what you want.

And, yes, I am INTOLERANT of geostalkers, as I am for all criminal activity.

God forbid that I should ever become TOLERANT thereof!

Knew I shoulda used a sock puppet!

"Freedom is a two-way street."

GDAE, Dave

Yeah, because homosexuals aren't people.</sarcasm>

I am really surprised about you peoples responses on this type of subject. The thread that started this was entirely based on the completely baseless assumption that the person was gay who followed him. Ten everyone jumps on the bandwagon of anti-gay. I am really surprised, as this always seemed to be a rather kind accepting community.

So now the topic starter of this thread makes up a website with everyone's worst fear in mind, which is apparently gays. Rather dissapointing.

That being said, if anyone follows me in their car, they are going to be hurt, be them gay, straight, bi, asexual, or transgender.

Watch out for THEM! They's gonna getcha!

quote:
So now the topic starter of this thread makes up a website with everyone's worst fear in mind, which is apparently gays. Rather dissapointing.

*sigh*, No, not gays... PSYCHOS. There is a huge difference. With all this 'tolerance' enforcing, people get this knee jerk reaction of "if it sounds like homosexuality, then you must ALWAYS talk nice about it. OR ELSE".

The point here isn't 'gayness', it's 'nutjobness'.

If find it equally dissapointing people don't want to allow discussion of such a topic.

Seriously - this is can happen to anyone, and it's always good to be prepared to handle the subject appropriately...

(Which is why (IMO) everyone, especially young girls, should take a martial art)

---------------------

Yes, but most martial arts in america are less than useless in any confrontation as they prepare you dor noexistent situations, while ruining your ability in anything that doesnt fit your training perfectly. Also gives people undue confidence.

Very few martial arts in america can train you to fight.

Also, yes, it is psychos who are scary and chase people around, but the people in this thread automatically associated psychos as being gay.

Edit: and, as chance would have it, kenpo is one of the only martial arts I would recommend for self defense. Saw thats what you took in your profile.

quote:
Very few martial arts in america can train you to fight.

Mine does... icon_smile.gif Anyone taking a martial art needs to first understanf WHY they are taking. Sport, defense & excercise are NOT the same thing, and different arts fits each role better than another. I chose self-defense (Kenpo) and I love it.

quote:
Also, yes, it is psychos who are scary and chase people around, but the people in this thread automatically associated psychos as being gay.

Well, in this case, they happened to BE gay - it's not new news. It happens. But just because one is talking about a nutcase that is gay, it does not mean they are talking about a super-cool nice guy who is gay. Gay just happens to be a common denomintor. Just like a nutcase straight is not the same as a super-cool nice-guy straight... Sometimes it seems people are too sensitive on the gay issue to accept that there are people of all types within each catagory...

---------------------

quote:
Edit: and, as chance would have it, kenpo is one of the only martial arts I would recommend for self defense. Saw thats what you took in your profile.

icon_smile.gif Ed Parker was quite a man. After I get along in Kenpo, I'm thinking about adding Jeet Kun Do, as Mr. Parker & Bruce Lee worked closely on the systems together for a time. Very interesting stuff...

AND FUN! icon_biggrin.gif

---------------------

All the training is nice, but once you get hit it usually goes out the window. Anyone can beat anyone so don't get too cocky. If you get a fist straight in the nose before you can perform any of your kempo moves you're on your back just like the rest of us.

I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah blah blah

I dont know about anyone else, but my kenpo training consists of quiet a lot of getting hit full force in the face and other places. You screw up, you get hurt. Also training in ground fighting, in case you do get nocked down, you can be just as effective. Sure anyone can be beaten. But if most of the population isnt the one who an do it, its good enough.

quote:
Since when does any of this equate to intolerance?

Are you saying that it would be okay for a man to 'geo-stalk' a female cacher? Would it be ok for a man to walk up to a complete stranger and ask her for *G-rated edit*? Would it be OK if he didn't take no for an answer? Would it be OK for him to follow her around in his car?

If the answer to these questions is 'no', then why is it ok for man to do it to another man?

[flame]And speaking of intolerance, how do you justify slamming on a guy with religious beliefs when he is talking about defending himself if it were necessary? I _really_ want to follow your belief system now: you must love everyone!!! ... except _them_![/flame]

I'm not talking about tolerance for anything that equates to stalking, etc. be it man, woman or any combination thereof. I'm referring to the intolerance of the gay community and the knee-jerk reations of people to gay bash.

I'm not slamming on anybody with religous beliefs. Everyody has them and is entitled to believe and worship and they please. Do I love everybody? He77 no!

People that endanger others? Scum of the Earth. My family is in law enforcement and I'm on board for full punishment (but that's another discussion altogether).

quote:
"THEM" refers to the people spoken of in the original post quoted above. Since this is the original topic post, the context should be obvious.

You have my apology if I mistook the intention here. After reading the other post it's very possible that I took it the wrong way. I'm a big enough man to admit if I made a mistake.

Intolerant of Geostalkers? You bet.

NOTE: The wording below my avatar is NOT meant to be a joke. That was put on here by me after running into a fellow geo-cacher twice in 2 days after he had never been in my area before.

There is no joke intended and it will be changed momentarily.

Moose, I don't doubt you may win in a fight between most people. The thing is if you get hit first, in the nose and it breaks your eyes tear up and you vison is limited. In your training do you pratice breaking each others noses? Now that would be a class!!

You dont have to be able to beat everyone. Most is more than enough. If you are in a situation where you are in danger, anything that can help you get away is enough. Seldome is the objective to beat the crap out of your assailent, but to beat them enough that you can get to safety. Yes it hurts to have a broken nose, but I have experienced MUCH more debilitating injuries while still incapacitating an opponent.

And if you get kicked in the balls, your doing something wrong.

LOL I agree with most of what you say Moose. I have been in a few fights myself and have found that if you are the first one to strike you usually win. I once went up against a 3rd degree black belt and guess what? he kicked my ***!! The second time however I broke his nose his jaw and his wrist. He really broke his wrist on top of my head but it was still broken. So I think the best solution is we not fight at all.

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Try to get close to me, and follow me out of a rest area, and they will be looking down the barrel of my Glock 9mm. icon_eek.gif

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into another gun thread. icon_cool.gif

17, 19, 26 or the full auto 18?

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

quote:
And if you get kicked in the balls, your doing something wrong

icon_biggrin.gif.. Lemme say that again... "icon_biggrin.gif"... so true...*winces*

Kealia - OK, just so long as you understand where this was originally coming from, and not a blanket gay-bashing crusade... Over-arching assesments (& subsequent bashing) of entire communities, be they religious, homosexual, racial - whatever - is wrong. I get annoyed when people do that - so I tend speak up. It's all good.

---------------------

The one nice thing about sports like Geocaching is that they bring normal people into the woods and scare the creepy people away. Some of the areas that were first used as geocaching sites in Omaha became infested with pervs of one stripe or another, a couple of hundred hikers and geocachers later, the parks are back to their original condition.

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." Danny Ozark

Since I had some knowledge of the original event, here are the facts and opinions about what happened Tuesday:

Facts:

1. The rest stop parking lot was a known hangout for gay cruisers

2. Gay cruisers go into the woods together (where the cache is) and do their thing

3. I was stalked by somebody hanging out in the parking lot

4. It cannot be proven that the stalker was gay

Opinions:

1. I put 1, 2, and 3 together and assumed I was stalked by a gay cruiser.

There is no doubt that I was stalked. I don't mind if gay or straight people hang out at rest stops, as long as they don't stalk me!

Wow, what started out as a parody thread about people who wander around following geocachers has turned far more strange/interesting than I thought it would be.

This was satire based on hammack's story about being pursued, various forum rumblings related to it, and various other past threads regarding the exact same thing happening at other rest areas, combined with the "Geodashing-What's next?" thread.

There is no website, no such sport as GeoStalking (aside from Kealia's habit of what I call "geocrashing").

I *did* state that I wear a French Maid outfit when I clean, but that's beside the point. I do not geocache in that getup, as it makes less sense than shorts and open-toed sandals!

icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------

quote:
There is no website, no such sport as GeoStalking (aside from Kealia's habit of what I call "geocrashing").

I assume you refer to the mention I made of running into the other cacher. It was pretty funny actually.

One day my wife and I were heading to a cache with a designated parking spot and saw a car there already. Peeking into the window as we walked by we saw some OFF and a few Mapquest printouts on the front seat. Clear sign of a cacher!

We ran into him while he was in mid-search and teamed up to find it shortly thereafter. He mentioned that he was from San Jose (about 20 miles North) and has never cached in our area before but loved the beauty of the Redwoods. After finding the cache and walking back to our cars we had a nice chat and wished each other well.

2 days later I was out caching alone and ran into him at the first leg of a puzzle cache about 5 miles away from the last cache. It was only his second time in this area and it happened within a 3 day period. We both thought it was pretty funny and made a number of jokes about it.

Although when he left he mumbled something about growing a goatee and buying a new car.... icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

I assume you refer to the mention I made of running into the other cacher. It was pretty funny actually.

One day my wife and I were heading to a cache with a designated parking spot and saw a car there already. Peeking into the window as we walked by we saw some OFF and a few Mapquest printouts on the front seat. Clear sign of a cacher!

We ran into him while he was in mid-search and teamed up to find it shortly thereafter. He mentioned that he was from San Jose (about 20 miles North) and has never cached in our area before but loved the beauty of the Redwoods. After finding the cache and walking back to our cars we had a nice chat and wished each other well.

2 days later I was out caching alone and ran into him at the first leg of a puzzle cache about 5 miles away from the last cache. It was only his second time in this area and it happened within a 3 day period. We both thought it was pretty funny and made a number of jokes about it.

Although when he left he mumbled something about growing a goatee and buying a new car.... icon_wink.gif

Yup, although I suppose officially "crashing" would mean you found them in the act of finding the actual cache. We've crashed into someone looking for a cache here. We were walking one way, they were walking another way, complete with backpack (in a city park-like area). After we passed I told Kathy "They're caching." Sure enough we found them on a different trail a bit later. They saw us going the other way with out GPS out and figured they were heading in the wrong direction. We all teamed up to locate the cache, whose coordinates were off by 40 feet or so.

Had they been aliens, we would have overcome and eaten them so they could not return to their hive and warn the other aliens that a cache was nearby.

Not really.

icon_wink.gif

--------------------