KODT

Minex

I never realized this, but Jolly Blackburn of Knights Of the Dinner Table frequently posts here? I just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to the sport... his comic strip in regards to Geocaching originally sparked my interest, and I've been going strong since. BTW, are we ever going to see a strip where the group is actually out on a hunt? icon_smile.gif

for me as well to say thanks to Jolly for the many laughs in KODT (I really will send you a couple of tales from the table sometime, JB) but very specifically for convincing me to actually start geocaching, as opposed to just thinking about it. Jolly's stories and his editorial made me realize that I didn't need to be in James Bond shape or have specialized outdoor equipment/ training to start. (Previous to that, I was under the impression that geocaching was an "extreme" sport.)

Also for the laughs in the forums, the tale of Jolly's trek through the mud was really comforting to me (nice to know I'm not the only one it can happen to), in addition to being great laughs.

So thanks again, Jolly!

You can only purchase the comics in which I reference above via online(?) or at a hobby store. The Geocaching reference is in the monthly issue #64 (Feb 2002). Its the one that got me hooked to Geocaching. icon_smile.gif I don't play D&D anymore, but the comics definately hit close to home and keep me laughing -- especially the "Experience Point Mill" strip; that one still brings tears to my eye from laughing so hard.

[This message was edited by Minex on August 12, 2002 at 12:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by Minex on August 12, 2002 at 12:30 PM.]

Originally posted by Minex:

I never realized this, but Jolly Blackburn of Knights Of the Dinner Table frequently posts here?

One of my first RPG freelance articles was published in KODT, so I guess you could say I've always had a soft spot for the comic. My fondness has increased immeasurably since Jolly introduced Geocaching to my family and I via one of his editorials. I hope to do the same for others by writing an article on Geocaching in an upcoming issue of Scrollworks. I think this hobby is perfect for gamers, even ones like Brian who guard their caches with bats. icon_wink.gif