Wishlist: What would you love to find?

Guest leskowitz

Guest leskowitz

I am here to let you all know that if anyone leaves me either a:

* "Moby Dick" paperback book,

* A Robert Earl Keen CD or

* Refrigerator magnet (for wife's collection)

I would be greatly indebted.

What is on your wish list?

Guest db8tr

My wishlist is a bit diverse. That is probably partly because I have fun no matter what trinkets the cache contains. If I see nothing that interests me, I'll leave something without taking anything at all. I am a "journey is the reward" type of guy. That being said...

• Foreign Currency, because so many other countries have something more than old guys in green on their bills.
  • Special issue stamps
  • Practical items such as the hex key set that was in a cache last week. I was going to buy it anyway, but finding it was more fun!
  • Homemade jewelry, such as hemp creations.
  • Traveling items
  • Boy scout patches
  • Native American artifacts, such as arrowheads.

I never really though about what I liked to find in a cache before I read this topic, thanks leskowitz. I'll be interested to see what others respond as well.

Guest barefoot

You know, I'm also more into the journey and the log entries than the stuff...or so I thought. I visited a relatively new cache last week that was fairly large in size and had nothing but a few odds and ends in it. There were a couple of small toys, a ball or two, something else - nothing I can really remember. And you know what? I was a little disappointed. I really don't care about swapping anything out, but it's fun to at least LOOK through mildly amusing and occasionally unique things. Whatever icon_smile.gif. That being said, the things I'd like to see include:

? antique anything.

? music! more music!

? art of any sort that you've created. A local cacher named Hasbro often leaves these killer alien coasters he(?) draws - I dig stuff like that.

? Baensch Aquarium Atlas Volume 2

? set of watercolors

Guest barefoot

You know, I'm also more into the journey and the log entries than the stuff...or so I thought. I visited a relatively new cache last week that was fairly large in size and had nothing but a few odds and ends in it. There were a couple of small toys, a ball or two, something else - nothing I can really remember. And you know what? I was a little disappointed. I really don't care about swapping anything out, but it's fun to at least LOOK through mildly amusing and occasionally unique things. Whatever icon_smile.gif. That being said, the things I'd like to see include:

? antique anything.

? music! more music!

? art of any sort that you've created. A local cacher named Hasbro often leaves these killer alien coasters he(?) draws - I dig stuff like that.

? Baensch Aquarium Atlas Volume 2

? set of watercolors

Guest Jomomof3

First and foremost, something that each of my kids will like to make it worth their time to go adventuring with mommy.

Second, interesting books, which would be why I just made a book swap cache.

Other than that, diamonds, gold, winning lottery tickets, clues to a life time of happiness rolleyes.gif

Guest Guppy

Probably just a good intact cache. Our first one, in Colorado, had our son excited about going and hunting the "treasure". He's 15 so it was nice having something he was interested in doing with us. The cache was wet and there was not really anything of interest to any of us. Sort of disappointing and he hasn't shown any further interest. We haven't given up hope yet!

Guest mfratto

This is a great thread. My wish list:

*tarot cards

*christmas tree ornaments

*nature-related items, identification books, etc

*pressed flowers

*kitchen and gardening items

Mauri

Guest Snowtrail

I had attempted to make hiking boots for Christmas ornaments, but now I think I'll try to make an ETrex for a Christmas ornament to put into a cache... thanks for the idea mfratto...

What I would like to find:

Bug Spray

Tecnu (for Poison Ivy)

A travelling cache item

batteries

History of the area

ID of flora/fauna seen in the immediate area

Guest Robereno

neat to see how Quinnow?s little girl got so excited.

Other than that, I?ve always had a fascination with what I call ?junk drawers?. Seems like every house has one and it is usually the collection point for some of the most fascinating odds and ends. Many caches are just like that.

Guest ebreen

Leave something you make. A painted rock, a painted postcard, a carving, something someone else has carved or made. Something interesting - a glass eye!

Not just batteries.

The kids need toys, true, but a shelf of interesting items with personality would be nice. The journey is a lot of it, sure, but this is a tresure hunt in reality, and we all quake with anticipation when we open that tupperware lid! Don't be lazy, put something of yourself in there.

Guest mfratto

I like ebreen's points a lot, and agree wholeheartedly. I appreciate the sentiment of not being in it for the cache, etc -- but then it is just hiking (or canoeing, or whatever). When we geocache, we are in it for the cache at the end of the trail, otherwise we leave the gps home and just go to enjoy the view. I suppose someone could (has?) just start a "geo-adventure" site, where there is no cache, just the coordinates for cool hikes, etc. That would be fine too. But when you are geoCACHING please leave me some cool goodies! icon_wink.gif

Mauri

Guest mfratto

I like ebreen's points a lot, and agree wholeheartedly. I appreciate the sentiment of not being in it for the cache, etc -- but then it is just hiking (or canoeing, or whatever). When we geocache, we are in it for the cache at the end of the trail, otherwise we leave the gps home and just go to enjoy the view. I suppose someone could (has?) just start a "geo-adventure" site, where there is no cache, just the coordinates for cool hikes, etc. That would be fine too. But when you are geoCACHING please leave me some cool goodies! icon_wink.gif

Mauri

Guest mfratto

Robereno: send along your address and I will mail you our drawer of accumlations anytime LOL. It accumulates, and then we throw it out -- but we don't put it in caches. I think the lists so far on this thread would make some extremely nice caches; I hope people are reading and taking it all up. icon_smile.gif

Mauri

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

Other than that, I?ve always had a fascination with what I call ?junk drawers?. Seems like every house has one and it is usually the collection point for some of the most fascinating odds and ends. Many caches are just like that.

Guest mfratto

Robereno: send along your address and I will mail you our drawer of accumlations anytime LOL. It accumulates, and then we throw it out -- but we don't put it in caches. I think the lists so far on this thread would make some extremely nice caches; I hope people are reading and taking it all up. icon_smile.gif

Mauri

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I leave things that are local for me, I live in a vacation are, and I like to leave fishing stuff. I also leave printouts of local regulations for saltwater fishing I'd like to find the same. Personal art would be WAY cool, dang, I should do some ......

Guest Captain Kidd

I would like to see items for adults and children that wouldn't be boring. I plan to hide my first cache next week and I will be putting things in it like a gold filled pendant . I make hand made jewlery from gold filled wire. ( for Moms ) Mag light for dad's beannie baby, match boc cars.and other things that will make a family really enjoy finding the cache. Granted the hunt is suppose to be exciting but whats a hunt without a great ending.

Guest yrium

I enjoy anything I see in a cache that I would not be able to find if I went looking for it.

These would include Antique items, handmade knick-nacks, Strange consumer items that are from other regions of the country or other countries.

How tickled would you be to come across a delicious can of Kraut Juice for example? I'd snap it up. The one I had on my desktop at work for years got thrown out by the cleaning crew after a particularly messy office party.

--- yrium ---