Watching a cache

I have watched caches for many different reasons. Ive been there, Im thinking of going there, I thought it was interesting and want to see what others thought, there was a problem or I couldn't find and I want to know what comes of that, sometimes Ill watch a new cache just to see who finds it and what they think. I also often watch caches nearest my own, its interesting to see how some people pick and choose and some just find every cache they can icon_smile.gif

If you want to know whos watching your cache, try posting a note asking if those watching might say who they are. Sometimes they do, something they don't theres not any way to knowf for sure.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I watch one of my all time favorite caches...a way difficult multi with both physical and puzzle portions. Having completed it, I like to hear of others that join this exclusive fraternity.

Others I watch are those in my area that might have lots of 'do-dads' on the cache page (sound loops, animation, etc.) that slow down my computer too much or drive me nuts with the sound. That way I can read the posts and never have to pull up the pages and bog down my computer.

"Could be worse...could be raining"

I watch every cache I've found and any cache I find to be particularly interesting.

In the first case, I like to to see how other's experiences differed from (or mirrored) mine. In the latter case, I simply like to read the stories.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

I like to watch.

That sounds familiar...

I'll watch a cache if I leave something a notch or two above average just to see who takes it. I'll also watch caches of friends and family to see what's going on. I'll watch a cache that skunked me just so I can see if others make it easy, or get skunked like I did. I'll watch a cache to see what happens to a travelbug. I'll watch a cache that I know I can't be first finder on to see who's going to be first.

That about sums up my reasons.

I watch prospestive caches to make sure they aren't archived before I get to them or if some special circumstance might hold me off from hunting it.

After I found one, I like to watch until the next finder gets it. It mnakes me feel better knowing that I didn't inadverrtantly leave it exposed to get plundered.

I continue to watch TB's to see where they wind up.

However, in your case nonnipoppy, if people are watching you, I'd be careful... You never know.

Alan icon_wink.gif

I watch the caches I intend to do in the near future, for any possible problems.

And I watch the caches I've done, quite simply because I like reading other people's experiences of caches that I now know.

Oh, and I was followed by a black helicopter once, but served me right for walking over the border into what was then the German Democratic Republic...

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

Some of the caches I watch are puzzle caches that I haven't figured out yet.

I also watch a half dozen nearby caches, to keep a close eye on them and I like to go grab travel bugs that get placed in the caches. I also keep an eye on the top ten caches, (in my book,) even if they are across the country Like a River in my Soul

How do they get a deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

http://www.geocities.com/cacheinon