A great stash idea

Guest nilbog

What would you guys think of a stash that contained a key to a locker. Like one found in a bus station or recreation center. Along with the key would be the coordinates of the building (but of course, it wouldnt say what the building was). Would any of you guys do that?

-nilbog

team 'g'Ró

Guest andysolo

i think that would work well as a moving cache. i.e someone gets the key, brings the cache with them, opens locker, takes and leaves something, then places cache somewhere else nearby. otherwise i wouldnt want to hike for an hour get the key, hike back, goto bus station etc, then have to hike back and forth on the same trail again to return the key-thats not too interesting IMHO. unless of course you made like 10 copies of the key and we didn't need to return them(i.e. we leave them in locker, and you can replace in cache eventually)....

that might be cool. i bet the locker could hold all sorts of big, mysterious interesting things that a cache couldnt...

andy

[This message has been edited by andysolo (edited 01-10-2001).]

A combo lock would work a lot better. Finding a locker to hide the loot in would probably be a little more difficult, unless you knew the building owner.

We had a cache that had a combo lock on it (Metro Pecan cache). It was too tempting and too visible, unfortunately, so someone beat the heck out of it and took the contents.

So my suggestion would be to "hide it in plain view", e.g. in a locker among a bunch of well trafficked lockers, or something more discreet.

Jeremy

How about placing an item, or a travelling notepad in a cache, When someone finds the travelling notepad in a stash, they have to take the pad to another stash and leave it there, of course noting the location it was removed from so it isnt returned to the original stash later. that way it can be tracked wherever it goes, maybe as it travels around the world?.

what do you think?

section and place postage on the postcard.

Next, write the cache name (and number for geocaching.com lookup??), date of creation/visit, and name. Leave plenty of room on the back. Maybe even divide the back into sections.

The next person to visit the cache would pick up the card (as well as their trade of any items), fill in their name, home city/state/country, and date. When that person visits the next cache, write the name of the cache and date in their section and leave it.

The last person to find the card and fills out the information with their name and info, would then drop it in the mail.

Hopefully the recipient could scan in the postcard and post it somewhere on the web.

At the very least, for those getting their kids involved with them on the geocache hunts, it'd be a great fun to see where their post cards travelled. icon_smile.gif

Next, write the cache name (and number for geocaching.com lookup??), date of creation/visit, and name. Leave plenty of room on the back. Maybe even divide the back into sections.

The next person to visit the cache would pick up the card (as well as their trade of any items), fill in their name, home city/state/country, and date. When that person visits the next cache, write the name of the cache and date in their section and leave it.

The last person to find the card and fills out the information with their name and info, would then drop it in the mail.

Hopefully the recipient could scan in the postcard and post it somewhere on the web.

At the very least, for those getting their kids involved with them on the geocache hunts, it'd be a great fun to see where their post cards travelled. icon_smile.gif

Guest salmonsister

Another idea for a free or cheesy trinket to exchange is refrigerator magnets from regional businesses or ones picked up at conferences. I seem to have an oversupply, and they let someone know where you came from when you leave it in the cache or could remind someone of the area they visited.

quote:
Originally posted by zeta:

I've thought about doing something similar with a TB. I was thinking about attaching a TB to a baggie with a camera and a spiral notebook, then see how long it would take to go somewhere and come back to me. I couldn't figure out how to make it work, though. Maybe if I asked each person to drop a pic in the baggie with the notebook, I could see how many pictures I'd collect before getting it back.

I don't know... it seems there are a lot of variations to how one could go about doing this... but it seems neat if there could be a moving cache attached to a TB...

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407 smile.gif KoolAid Drinker smile.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com