Divine. One of few International Geocachers that participates in the fourms.

El Diablo

I wish that more of our overseas friends would join in here. I would love to get their perspectives on some of these subjects of late.

Divine keeps trying to find a contest where overseas cachers can participate....

Congratulations Divine...you just won a hiking staff!!

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

I wonder how long it will take Divine to see this thread? I'm betting by 11am est tomorrow.

It's Sunday, about 2 am here now (UTC+2...or wait, is it UTC+3 now at the daylight saving time?). Didn't go to sleep yet.icon_wink.gif

Uh, WOW, what can I say? I jump into every other thread whining about the great distance I have to the world's densest cache areas, or wanting kilometers instead of miles etc etc. Hopefully I haven't been too annoying. But hey, I am supposed to be annoying as a member of the Evil Horde of El Diablo.icon_wink.gif

El Diablo, I'm deeply honored, and honestly, I have actually pondered ordering one of your staffs for a Xmas present or something for myself. So far it has been only a vague idea in my head, but apparently you read minds from very far away.icon_wink.gif Let me know what I can do to make things easy for you.

As for being a 'foreigner' in the forums, there have been other great people here too...Erwast, Captain_Morgan&Family my countrymen, Anders from Sweden, Laogai, Blacky mit Silke+Carsten and Cornix from Germany just to mention few.

As a member of minority in this forum I still don't want to represent some kind of ultimate Finnish ideology on any subject. My opinions are mine, not official international opinions presewnted by 'that Finnish guy with horns'. I just want to pull my weight about keeping this global activity really global. So far I've had a great time, both here in forums and especially out there on the track. (Today's saldo: 4 found caches in the rain.icon_smile.gif)

Thanks everyone for discussions, and especially El Diablo for this honor. (Man, do I really deserve this?!)icon_razz.gif

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

You think there is controversy here. You should read their forums.

Depends on the forum. The UK one is pretty peaceful, actually. We had a hot time of it a few months ago, but the main (US cacher dominated) forums seem to have two or three incandescent threads going at any given time.

evilrooster

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

Well, after reading this thread, specifically Renegade Knight's comment, I browsed some of the other national threads. (Didn't have time to do US-regional.)

What's with some of the Canadians? Something in the water? I kept wishing for a FAQ to grasp the history of the arguments. At least the UK threads stayed on topic, no matter how heated they got. I can't even figure out what most of the Canadian comments mean, apart from the fact that they are mean.

On a more serious note, reading them made me wish there were some way of exporting the atmosphere in my region...

evilrooster

http://www.bookweb.sunpig.com

-the email of the species is deadlier than the mail-

quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo:

Divine keeps trying to find a contest where overseas cachers can participate....

Congratulations Divine...you just won a hiking staff!!

El Diablo

Now THAT'S what I call *Class*. A class act, with a classy product and a classy winner!

OUTSTANDING!

Now let's quit with all the huggy-kissy stuff and go find something to argue about, heck, everybody else is.....sigh.

ROFL! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."

Being an Englishman living in France I read and contribute to the Forums, however, by the time I've worked out what my caching friends over the pond are saying, worked where the thread has been and where it's going, I've run out out of server time.

Perhaps someone somewhere could find pop up translations for us.

On a serious note, thanks to you all for the interesting participations and amusing comments