Geodashing??? What's next????

My husband and I were watching the history channel last night and they had a show on called Tactical to Pratical. They had a breif thing about GPS, I thought it was going to be a thing on GeoCaching, instead it was about GeoDashing. It is neat idea for sport, the site is . They have bunch of dashpoints all over the world, and there is a prize for having the most in each state.

[This message was edited by The Gowen Family on September 10, 2003 at 08:20 AM.]

Geodashing.org seems a little different than the geodashing they showed last night. The geodashing they showed last night seemed to be a shorter, one-day type race to several predetermined waypoints. At each waypoint, you receive the coordinates to the next one. Sounded pretty neat I thought but then again, so does geodashing.org.

I too watched that show hoping to see a piece about geocaching. Now I want a Hummer for my next vehicle.

------------------------------------------------------------

I am Lothar, King of the Hill people. I have many tales to tell....

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not. - Stephen Wright

------------------------------------------------------------

it is supposed to be prize, not price

The only real prize is the satisfaction of finding these randomly generated points and seeing what is there. There is no cache box and nothing to sign. The game is played on the honor system. It is fun to visit some of the remote locations and to read about others adventures as they attempt to get to the point.

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

If you hide it, they will come....

We tried geodashing. Didn't particularly care for it. We spent far too much time going to those silly random and boring waypoints that we could have spent caching, only to have problems logging our finds onto their website. And we got hit with a lot of spam afterwards. To each their own though.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

only to have problems logging our finds onto their website

I enjoy both Dashing & Caching, but when geodashing, you don't log finds on the website icon_smile.gif When you join geodashing you become a member of a Yahoo Group i.e. mailing list, where you report your finds to the group. FWIW, I didn't notice an increase in spam when I joined. Now that it's cooling off, I am going to once again get back to more geogames. Happy hunting!

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

If you hide it, they will come....

quote:
Originally posted by jeff35080:

I enjoy both Dashing & Caching, but when geodashing, you don't log finds on the website icon_smile.gif When you join geodashing you become a member of a Yahoo Group i.e. mailing list, where you report your finds to the group.

That's what I meant. I'd log the finds, then the site just wouldn't take it. Our team never accrued points even though we were first to find at the waypoints. Nor did anyone ever receive the e-mail posting of our find. For some reason, the webring website just had too many problems for us.

Even went to the History channels website to see if I could find out more about the geodashing and they only had when they would be repeating the piolt. OH! well! If someone does find out more, please post. As for the prize was was mentioned on the website, I am guessing it much like getting to the geocaches first, just the satisfaction of getting to the dashpoints first