poles

quote:
Originally posted by TEAM 360:

Well, if you are trying to start a POLL, then just click on the "New" button up there in the left, if you want a "pole", I would suggest searching for a walking stick at various sporting good sites... icon_rolleyes.gif

If you read my post, I said I cannot find a button to post the poll. I have found the page but there is no button listed to post the poll. At least not one that I can find.

Im not gonna try to understand the confusion...but to post a poll, in the upper left of the forum area you see a button that says NEW with a little folder icon next to it. Click that, and it drops down a menu, where the options Topic, Poll, Private Topic, and Private Poll appear. You would select POLL.

You would then get a new window. Now if youre using a web browser, or a program that blocks pop up windows you may have a problem, but I doubt yuou are since you posted this message.

The window that appears will have Subject(a subject for your poll), Message(where you enter everything you want people to know about your poll), and Answers to your poll(where you can put the poll choices).

Then you click Post Now.

My time, your time is limited, but time itself is unlimited.

[This message was edited by Choachy on April 04, 2003 at 07:57 AM.]

I'm a Pole. Anyway, I just tried to start poll and everything was there, including the post now button. Mabe it has something to do with your browser?

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

On the subject of poles...

REI has their shock absorbing adjustable walking staff on sale starting to day for $38 (regularly $54). This is an awesome walking stick if you are in the market for one. When I was having problems walking (long story) this thing was a life saver. The top screws off to reveal a camera mount as well, which can come in handy. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

_On the subject of poles..._

REI has their shock absorbing adjustable walking staff on sale starting to day for $38 (regularly $54). This is an awesome walking stick if you are in the market for one. <<SNIP>>

Are the shock absorbing sticks worth it? Can it be turned off?

I didn't see a need for them when I bought my sticks.

I'm in the market for a pair for my wife and son though. If these are really worth it I might just have to spring for a pair (pun intended).

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

_On the subject of poles..._

REI has their shock absorbing adjustable walking staff on sale starting to day for $38 (regularly $54). This is an awesome walking stick if you are in the market for one. <<SNIP>>

I'm in the market for a pair for my wife and son though. If these are really worth it I might just have to _spring_ for a pair (pun intended).

Well, the shock absorbing feature isn't the reason I'd by this walking stick. The adjustability is more important. The thing I really like about these poles, which I've not seen in other poles is the padded wrist strap. This pole is designed to be used with the wrist strap, where a large percentage of your weight is supported by the wrist strap rather than your hand gripping the pole. This makes it much more relaxing to use for long periods of time. The pole's grip is padded foam, but with no ridges, which I tend to prefer. My current walking stick has more of a ridged hand grip designed to fit your fingers and this bugs me half the time. I misplaced my REI pole so will be going and getting one of these today to replace it. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Maybe start by marrying a Polish girl?

What does a Polish girl get that's long and hard on her wedding night?

A new last name.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

quote:

I have a pair of Komperdells that have a shock absorber. It's a nice feature,but it can be turned off.

www.sierratradingpost.com has great prices on trekking poles. Actually here is the pole page:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/dept_id.L2~314/dept_name_p.Outdoor+Gear/qx/prod_list_display.htm

quote:
I came to this thread expecting to see something about staffs and walking sticks.

Look in the middle of the thread. There was some walking stick discussions and a bad polish joke.