Somebody should make this a virtual!

Lyra

there's a smaller scal model of the solar system in ithaca new york that could also be used. it has a fun side benefit of it being a little tricky to find some of the outer planets. i found some of them by accident while i was looking for a cache called the secret at the end of willow ave.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Sounds like something a bunch of Mainiacs would do! I visited Solar Sailing on the Mall in DC too, but this one of nine by team jiffy in Northern California is a real ambitious project.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

There appears to be at least three solar system models that are made of geocaches. You can see them with this search. Two are in California, one is in NE Florida (and still has a bunch of planets that haven't been 'discovered' yet.). We did the big one by TeamJiffy and it was a blast. It was like 300 miles from the Sun to Pluto. Man, that was a lot of driving for a cache series. One cacher actually flew to some of the outer planets in a private plane!

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"