Your favorite free (or cheap) multi-use "tool"

ErSamin

I have found that the plactic bags my newspaper comes in on rainy days are a great "tool" for caching. They are extremely small when rolled up and can be used for trash bags (Cache in, Trash out!), protecting a logbook that in in danger of becoming wet, with the closed end cut off they can make emergency gaitors (as long as you are not too big footed) and if you have to reach into a poison oak area, they can protect your hand and arm (just fold back inside out and throw away). There are probably more uses....add your own.

If you have any other handy-dandy items you can't live without, share them here!

"Could be worse...could be raining"

Very Clever idea.

An item I can't live without is my GPSr. icon_wink.gif

Seriously I can't think of anything clever like that that I use. I do keep a rather large carabiner attached to the top of my pack so that I can hang it on a tree branch if there is one available. I also have some mesh bags that I keep my trade items in. They make it easy to search through when trading.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

The newspaper bags also make great doggy doot picker-uppers. put your hand in the bag, grab the dooty then turn it inside out and discard.....Dont hang it in a tree please icon_biggrin.gif Right off hand, I can't think of any other free items that we use......

worried.gif Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.