Forum Stats Leader Board

Greenback

I never really thought much about the forums because when you get right down to it I'd rather go geocaching than talk geocaching. But I just realized that there are statistics readily available showing how many posts you've made to the forums and because there aren't that many categories it's pretty easy to see who the leaders are. So, now I can start posting messages and keeping stats and competing with everyone for the most messages posted.

I looked around at a couple of the posts and pulled off a few names. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people; like where is Markwell these days? I've looked at the forums a few times this weekend and haven't seen a single post. How about Erick(sp?) too, I use to see a lot of posts from him when I'd visit the forums.

Current Stats: (I don't like the word leader)

Briansnat 4491

Renegade Night 3938

UMC 2282

bassoon pilot 2227

MOPAR 2066

Warm Fuzzies 1431

Marky 1276

Sissy-n-er 1229

Cachew Nut 1223

Team 360 1118

Jeremy 1103

Greenback 32?

Disclaimer, this is only a sampling, I'm sure there is a stats board or a query I could do to pull up the complete list.

I had a long absence from the forums. During that time the forum regulars changed. A couple didn't like Markwell and JamieZ. Neither of those two are on as much now though. Sooner or later I'll have another long absence and things will 'suddenly change again'.

The forums evolve over time. A year ago Team360 wasn't around yet in the forums and they even started under a different name. Now look!

Well now if you did averages...such as the average post per day. I believe Woodster would be on top.

Also just as a side note: A year or so ago...I can't remember what was changed, but Jeremy did something and a lot of accounts had their number of posts reset to zero. Mine included. (not that it would put me up there with the leaders anyways)

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Someone had to tell me that I broke 1K. I don't really care.

Sometimes, I look when I see a name that I don't recognize. I have stayed outta the stat arguments. I like them, but like the stars, they don't rule me. It's fun to make a milestone.

I think Chevy Chase said it best, in a really great movie, when asked this question:

Judge Smales: "How do you measure yourself against other golfers if you don't keep score?"

Ty(Chase): "By height."

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:

This thread should be retitled, "Forum Loser Board."

Now that was a bit harsh. Are you implying that those with a high number of posts are losers and don't get outside much? :D

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

I know he's had a bad few months. Ever since I've been here and after one issue that I know with the admin, he has turned sour. I got the idea from others postings that he had left. Haven't seen in him in a while, guess he got bored or something and decided to pay a visit.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:

Let's be real. What is there about this place that would cause a person to post 4500 times?

Nothing that I can see. So then we have to consider what type of person would post 4500 times....

Well this thread was light hearted and fun.

I would suggest that if you don't have something nice to post then don't post anything at all. Heck, it doesn't even have to be nice but don't right rude is uncalled for.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

o.k...so much for being nice...I'm not good at it anyways.

You came into a fourm posting that was light hearted and turned it into a disgruntled view of people that post a lot, or what you consider a lot..

If you didn't like the topic...why didn't you just ignore it? Why bring people down inside your obviously unhappy world?

El Diablo

This may be the first post deleted by the new moderators!

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

Solo you have more posts then me so does that mean you're a bigger loser then I am? I don't think anyone should be judged by how many posts or caches they have. We all lead different lives and have different goals. What we all do have in common is we all geocache. So what someone spends more time on the forums then you, whats it matter? Lets all chill and just enjoy the the sport.

Yes, back to forum stats. I was just having some fun when I started this thread but I really am into stats. I've noticed that there are a fairly high number of replys to views for this thread when compared to some others. I'm curious just what that means. I'm also a little hooked on the idea of seeing my thread at the top the General category. Do people come up with ideas for starting threads like they come up with ideas for geocaches to hide? Trying to see how popular the thread is? I've learned a lot today about the forums too. Maybe I'll hang out here more often.

quote:

I can only be honest.

For most people that is enough.

I respect anyone who stays true to their form. You are consistently rude and antisocial, but still you feel compelled to post it. That's perfectly fine by me if that's your style. I will miss it if you get banned. Hopefully your behavior will be grandfathered from the new, written forum rules.

quote:

...but then most people don't depend on the internet for their entire social stimulus.

...so I may be a bit coarse for that group.

I think you underestimate the regulars here. Your feelings of self rejection have been turned outward. That's a character flaw.

BTW- If I'm here, I'm at work. I DO have a life.

PS- I think it took balls for you to post that pic that got pulled. Don't get yourself banned, but don't ever change either. Everything in the world isn't always nice.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

From the Forums Guidelines:

quote:
Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Honesty my @$$. Nobody has to have a reason to post, other than their desire to post a message. I personally live in a remote (by geocaching density standards) area but I have plenty of time to be online - I guess that makes me a loser too.

(Incidentally I'm mainly posting to improve my ranking on the imaginary Forum Leaderboard).

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner