Travel Bug LOST in Louisiana! (searching for cacher: Goza)

White Rabbit

Well....Alice the Travel Bunny

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6606

had been going on a grand adventure throughout the states. Her goal was to take pictures of the mighty waterways and oceans of America. Her main goal was to get to the Florida Keys and the East Coast. Recently, a cacher by the name of Goza has removed the travel bug tags from Alices neck and left her in a cache (supposedly). I've tried contacting Goza to figure out why he'd take the travel bug tag off of the travel bug....but he won't respond. Alice had a lot of pictures that I really wanted to see on her camera and now she's missing. I don't know what to do. Alice is 'supposedly' in this geocache:

"Morgan's Treasure" by Don Quixote http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26980

If someone can find her....it'd be very, very appreciated!! Please help my find my travel bunny!! I'd hate to lose her and her pictures!! She's had such a good trip so far. Unfortunately, I'm worried that Goza just took the rabbit for himself, I can't figure out why else they'd go to the trouble of removing the actual travel bug dog tag from around her neck. If you know this cacher, please ask him for me, I'd really like to know where the rabbit is.

p.s. Goza....if you're reading this and it's not too late....please don't send the rabbit BACK to Chicago...her goal is Florida and she was really close. She just came from the Chicago area.

Thank You

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

The post from goza was...

Monday, December 30, 2002

goza retrieved it from Morgan's Treasure by Don Quixote:

I got the bug, but left the rabbit! Needed to leave a message stating that. We will go back and get it and send it on to the great lakes. We had some friend from Chicago and they had never geo cached before. They will take it home with them

What the heck is this? Take the bug but leave the rabbit? I hope the "people" goza is giving it to will really do caching. Travel Bugs are a tough thing sometimes. I hope all turns out well with yours. icon_confused.gif

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I read his post. I mean, dang, I had that travel bug roped around the neck of that rabbit so tight I thought it's head would pop off. Why would someone take the tags and leave the actual 'bug'?

Luckily, I've got some decent news. Someone who has recently visited the cache stated that they 'believe' she was in there. The cache itself got waterlogged though icon_frown.gif That's probably not good for Alice....and especially her camera icon_frown.gif I bet there were some really great pics on that camera...next time we'll spring for a waterproof one!

There was this one time at band camp,, Oh nevermind, i mean one time we found a cache with a loose travelbug tag inside. I thought it was the whole bug and took it. Came back home 150 miles from the cache and read the bug details only to discover that the GeoCachers Cookbook was supposed to be attached. I remembered seeing the book in the cache.. Needless to say, i drove all the way back and picked up the rest of the bug so we could get it on its way properly icon_biggrin.gif.

Anyways, i see now where you stated that the tag was fastened real good to that rabbit and it wasnt likely to come off. Im not sure why anyone would think to seperate the two! icon_confused.gif

"i see now where you stated that the tag was fastened real good to that rabbit and it wasnt likely to come off. Im not sure why anyone would think to seperate the two!"

Seriously.....look how many times this is fastened around Alice's neck. I think it was rapped around a total of 5 times.

icon_frown.gif

Anyway, this is a bump to see if anyone can help out. Wish I could edit it to say Alabama...not Louisiana....oh well.

Thanks!