Supermarket Discounts in Caches?

ak

I was thinking about the supermarket discount cards I have (one from Kroger, one from Giant Eagle, both in the Columbus, Ohio area).

I thought: I have extras. What about putting one in a cache and having 'cachers use it on their next purchases? Yeah, it would screw up Kroger's attempt to get to know me, but who knows what weird offers I'd get in the mail.

Anyway, has anyone else thought of this? Just curious what y'all think of the idea...

So long as they're not expired cards (if they do expire) then why not. It'd be along the lines of leaving a "free ice cream cone" coupon or something similar in a cache. So long as you're not going to be getting a monetary (or likewise) benefit from it, I don't think it'd be considered "too commercial" or anything like that.

And who knows - maybe you'll get a discount on a pound of head cheese from the deli! icon_razz.gif

So long as they're not expired cards (if they do expire) then why not. It'd be along the lines of leaving a "free ice cream cone" coupon or something similar in a cache. So long as you're not going to be getting a monetary (or likewise) benefit from it, I don't think it'd be considered "too commercial" or anything like that.

And who knows - maybe you'll get a discount on a pound of head cheese from the deli! icon_razz.gif

Discount cards, gift certificates or anything like that is ok with me. I've left lottery tickets (real & fake) in caches. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone finding them complains. Fake lottery tickets are funny to put in them, although some of the people who find them don't get the joke as easily as others. Just remember that everything is fun until someone gets hurt, especially if it's you.

I shop for groceries on base (wholesale) but if you want to put a starbucks card in I think that would be cool

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

I like the idea of putting various grocery store cards into caches. It would really screw up their profiling and the junk mail makes great packing for packages, etc. after it is shredded. I guess I need to go sign up for some more cards.... icon_eek.gif

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

I like the idea of putting various grocery store cards into caches. It would really screw up their profiling and the junk mail makes great packing for packages, etc. after it is shredded. I guess I need to go sign up for some more cards.... icon_eek.gif

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

Coupons that are valid are good additions, especially, for commonly used stores like those mentioned. icon_smile.gif

Stores that are not widely used are not good. Discount coupons for the local Wiccan bookstore would be an example of such. icon_rolleyes.gif

Coupons/Tickets that expire are bad. I found a cache that had two hockey tickets in it. The cacher couldn't use them, placed them into the cache before the game date (about a week) and there they sat for a few days. A second cacher found them, but couldn't use them. They weren't found again till several weeks later. I found them after the season ended, when they were officially "geotrash". icon_frown.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

Coupons that are valid are good additions, especially, for commonly used stores like those mentioned. icon_smile.gif

Stores that are not widely used are not good. Discount coupons for the local Wiccan bookstore would be an example of such. icon_rolleyes.gif

Coupons/Tickets that expire are bad. I found a cache that had two hockey tickets in it. The cacher couldn't use them, placed them into the cache before the game date (about a week) and there they sat for a few days. A second cacher found them, but couldn't use them. They weren't found again till several weeks later. I found them after the season ended, when they were officially "geotrash". icon_frown.gif

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.