It's the anniversy of your first Find what are you going to do?

We are quickly coming up on 1 year of geocaching and we are trying to decided what to do?

so I am looking for suggestions.

A cache frenzy?

Place a special cache?

Find a cache by the same hider as your first one?

Find one at mirrored coords?

Return to the first cache and release a travel bug?

throw a party and invite all geocachers with lots of food and cake, take pictures of every one then hide a cache with the picures as swag?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

[This message was edited by Clan Ferguson on July 16, 2002 at 09:57 AM.]

I think all of the above, but with a twist.

I'd suggest having a cake at the party that has charms baked into it. Whoever finds one of the charms gets to keep it as a lucky piece.

You'd have to ask a baker, but I believe it's food safe to use silver charms, and they're not as expensive as gold. I bet Alton Brown of "Good Eats" on FoodTV would know.

It just seems like it would be fun to be finding cool items in the cake. Alternately, I know how to make treasure candles, and you could do that, too.

Shannah

My one year geocaching anniversary is 9-2-02, but, unfortunately, my first cache has been archived due to it's destruction. I have decided to place the next cache in my series of 4X4 caches along the Texas coast. I'm going to hunt out a new location rather than go with one I'm already familiar with.

And I've already got three more sites already picked out in this series! That, along with my Military History Series of virtual caches is going to keep me quite busy after my anniversary arrives. I can't believe it's been nearly a year. icon_eek.gif

"Aren't you guys ready for bed yet???"

My one year geocaching anniversary is 9-2-02, but, unfortunately, my first cache has been archived due to it's destruction. I have decided to place the next cache in my series of 4X4 caches along the Texas coast. I'm going to hunt out a new location rather than go with one I'm already familiar with.

And I've already got three more sites already picked out in this series! That, along with my Military History Series of virtual caches is going to keep me quite busy after my anniversary arrives. I can't believe it's been nearly a year. icon_eek.gif

"Aren't you guys ready for bed yet???"

quote:
Originally posted by Clan Ferguson:

We are quickly coming up on 1 year of geocaching and we are trying to decided what to do?

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson

Go find that one cache that is too far away. Maybe it requires an over night hike, or renting special equiptment, or a boat to get to an island. The one that you say to yourself.. "I'l really like to go for that one but I just don't have the time."

Make the time.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

quote:

A cache frenzy?

I only found one cache on my 1-year anniversary because I had to go to work afterwards. But I picked a nice straightforward one to which I had to drive out 30 miles or so and did the whole trip early in the morning. My suggestion would be to just relax and be proud of your accomplishments.

Next day... cache frenzy!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

A cache frenzy?

I only found one cache on my 1-year anniversary because I had to go to work afterwards. But I picked a nice straightforward one to which I had to drive out 30 miles or so and did the whole trip early in the morning. My suggestion would be to just relax and be proud of your accomplishments.

Next day... cache frenzy!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

This time last year the wife and I went on our first Cache expidetion.Wolf point

But we went at lunch and were slightly unprepared what to exepect or even what we were really looking for. So Not found.

Three days later I rounded up what would become Clan Ferguson. Big Dog(me), Mother Hen(My wife), Little Bird(our daughter),and Kracktar Hunter(My brother). We headed out for Shoolhouse Cache bound not to fail. on the expidition we learned what Bushwacking means not to mention the importance of long pants, good shoes, and knowledge of local trials and terrain. We spent nearly a hour searching the tall grass. little bird did not want to venture in to the tall grass (she had seen JP2) Kracktar hung himself up, litterly(his foot got caght on a limb)in a tree trying to get a birds eyeview of the parire we were in.

Sucess we found what would become the standard for -Clan Ferguson caches, the 4" pvc tube.

Since then we have found an addition 49 caches in 3 states and missed only 2. Placed 4(1 event 2 active) and adopted 1.

Our method and tools have greatly improved with each hunt.

I want to thank everyone for thier input.

We decided what were are going to to do.

We are going to revisit our first cache find and plant a special SWAG. We will then proceed on a 1 day frenzy of 5 caches with a friend of Kracktars to try and pull him into this addiction we call GECACHING.

Happy First to everyone who already has or is soon to be.

To all you new folks Welcome to the best way to spend time since the Channel surfing.

as always....

Cache On!!

James

"Big Dog"

-Clan Ferguson