West Marine giving away ETrex's

MaxEntropy

Easy. They get your email and then you are spammed for life.

quote:
Originally posted by freelens/mosie:

Why is it necessary to have a password to login to a commercial site? Never have quite understood that one.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

quote:
Originally posted by Liberto:

Easy. They get your email and then you are spammed for life.

I've been involved in boating and watersports along time, and have been on West Marine's email list for at least a year or 2 now. As far as spam from them goes, its fairly minimal and besides, isnt that what hotmail accounts are for? icon_smile.gif

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Ok, so you have to give out a little info for this giveaway. If you don't want the spam set up a spam email account at hotmail and only give your live email address out to close friends and family. For the giveaway, or when you hit a page that asks for your email address, use your Hotmail account. That's what it is for. IT will get spam and you other accounts are safe.

I have 4 email accounts. 1 at home, 1 at work, 2 online. 1 online account is for friends and family, and the other one is for spam. The reason for the online friends/family is in the event that I switch ISP (Internet service Provider) and I want to get emails from my family they are directed here.

Again, I rarely see spam on my work/home/friends family accounts. Just the hotmail account, and if I don't login to this account for 90 days it get's deactivated. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I registered but their system doesn't recognize my password... Hummmm

sounds like they have been having some problems

Or better yet if their system doesn't work till after the 31st

they will have no one registered and won't have to give anything away.

The sad part is I actually buy stuff from their stores....