Cookies and geocaching.com

Guest IronHelix

Guest IronHelix

One feature I'd like to see added to the site is a permanent cookie that keeps you logged in. That way if you lose your session cookie (restart computer or web browser) you dont have to log in again.

quote:
Originally posted by IronHelix:

One feature I'd like to see added to the site is a permanent cookie that keeps you logged in. That way if you lose your session cookie (restart computer or web browser) you dont have to log in again.

The "Remember me" checkbox at the login form works fine for me (I am using Galeon/Mozilla) - maybe

you are using Internet Explorer and you have too restrictive policy, prohibiting permanent cookies? In IE6 there is a feature called something like "Privacy Report" which shows you what cookies are you accepting from the given website, what cookies were rejected due to your policy, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by IronHelix:

If you happen to regularly log in from more than one location like your home PC and then work PC, then you will have a problem with the site not knowing what IP address you are really at and it will want you to log-in to the forums each visit.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Remember me will be more robust in the future. It should work on both sites now, however.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Great, but will I ever be done with that URL redirect limit error message that keeps popping up?

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.