Cache pods as cache items.

GeoVamp

I started leaving mini or mico cache pods in caches for trade.I've only got 2 out there and 2 ready to go out in a new cache I'm working on.I paint them and put log books in them-and a note:PLease take this breeder pod and make a cache out of it and please inform me when you do-I keep a record of them.

Do you all think these are a good trade item?

"Everything's Eventual"-Stephen King

I think it is a good idea. It might "jumpstart" an otherwise hesitant person to start a cache. However, you may lose some in the long run, as it may initially be too easy for the "new owner." They may not fully realize the extent of management/upkeep etc. Hopefully, they will think it through all the way, instead of taking your trade and running with it aimlessly. icon_smile.gif

As soon as the cacher takes the pod out of the cache-from then on it's their's..I like to keep up with it like a proud papa.The one Breeder pod that is now a cache...It was so cool to go do the cache and see my pod made into a great little cache that took me 2 tries to find. icon_biggrin.gif

"Everything's Eventual"-Stephen King

quote:
Originally posted by GeoVamp:

I started leaving mini or mico cache pods in caches for trade.I've only got 2 out there and 2 ready to go out in a new cache I'm working on.I paint them and put log books in them-and a note:PLease take this breeder pod and make a cache out of it and please inform me when you do-I keep a record of them.

Do you all think these are a good trade item?

I did much the same thing in my neck of the woods except with an additional twist. After my 'breeder pod' is put out by the cacher I let it be found a half dozen times or so then I go out and replace the little breeder pod with a large size ammo can. I then refill the breeder pod container and replace it in my original cache. I call my breeder pods CACHE LARVA and the original cache that contains the LARVA is known as the BREEDER cache. Currently my BREEDER cache is a Grandparent with caches in four different states.

I think its a great cache item.

--- yrium ---

I've put out a cache filled with micros ready to go. Log and note in film container with magnet already glued on it. Also some without magnets.

It's a take only cache.

I know of one cache in the bay area that has given birth to dozens and dozens of micro caches across the southern bay area.

I've thought about just dropping ready made micros as 'trade' items. I just haven't done it yet.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

I found one of GeoVamp's breeder cache containers over the weekend. I almost traded for it, but I decided that since I already have about 20 containers sitting in my garage waiting for me to decide where to place them, I'd leave it for someone else.

I like the idea, GV! It was an interesting container, too.

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif

I've put the small d-con containers w/laminated geocache letter in caches, hoping to encourage hiders. Just theis weekend I had a fully stocked cache in a vitamin jar with me and I was about to leave it as a trade item, but I placed it on my way home instead.

I think I may try that though. Leave a small cache container stocked with trade items, pencil and logbook.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

I think its a good idea, as long as it isnt a requirement. "You must place one of my 'cache-lets' or elase icon_mad.gif"

But that doesnt seem to be the case icon_wink.gif.

quote:
Originally posted by Caching Inc:

I think it is a good idea. It might "jumpstart" an otherwise hesitant person to start a cache.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg