Geocache automail...

Is it on crack or something?

I have a couple TB's and caches on my watchlist, like most of you probably do, but what is up with the automailer.

I got 7 e-mails regarding 1 TB. That would be fine if the TB moved 7 times or had 7 new posts on it, but it didn't. There were only 4 new messages on the TB page. I had to check all of them because there was no notification on the e-mail about which TB the e-mail was regarding!

Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just some plot to keep me at my computer all day checking e-mails?

Signature? I don't need no stinkin signature!!!!

Some of the 4 loggers probably weren't happy with their first logs and deleted it, and logged again. And all the people in the watch list got an email of the each logging, also of those which were deleted.

Could it be possible to make it so that if a person deletes his/her log and sends another one in, say 5 minutes the system won't send an email of the following (which usually are almost the same as the deleted one, only with some changes)?

I (also) think there should be a notification on the email about which TB it is regarding.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

The mail was backed up with 10,000 messages until late last evening. That would explain why notifications would not have gone out.

I agree with Divine in that someone who logged the TB probably re-submitted multiple copies.

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose