Your fist swag item found?

I was cleaning out my truck today and I found My first swag item that I found, I thought I had lost it since it's a glass key chain and a month ago I discovered it wasn't on my keys anymore I was quite upset.

I'm wondering if anyone elce here still has their first item found and what is it?

More to see, More to do

Our first cache trade item is now banned. It is a "woods tool" or "outdoors tool" or "multipurpose pocket tool" or simply "Very Useful Item." My daughter was thrilled to become the owner of her first pocket knife, and we still carry it in our cache kit, 250 finds later.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

I had to look back through my logs to find my first item. It was a Jimi Hendrix CD from the second cache I found, but that was for Mr. Kane. The first item I really coveted and took for myself was a travel bug, not until the sixth cache I found. I guess this just shows that for me it truly isn't about the jingle. icon_wink.gif

My first item was a 'tiger's eye', the rock, not a real one.

I still have everything that I have taken out of a cache, with the exception of a couple of Where's George dollars (I put them back in circulation.) They are displayed in curio cabinets in my living room, and everyone who comes to visit me is forced to look at my collection. If I don't want the visitor to come back, I tell them when and where I got each item. icon_rolleyes.gif

RichardMoore

www.geocities.com/richardsrunaway

The first item I swapped from a cache was a stuffed toy owl. I still have it, though I plan to place it in another cache placed by the same person when I can find it. As the cache I intend it to go in is some 200 miles from home it may take a while.

Have boots and GPSr, will cache for fun!

On my first cache I took a Hot Wheels "Phaeton" and left a nice wooden kazoo (new in pkg). I still have that Hot Wheels...it's displayed in a rack on the wall with the rest of my Hot Wheels (well about 1/4 of them, I don't have room in the rack for all of 'em) as I collect 'em and that one completed a subset.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

On the first cache that I found, I grabbed 'Silver's Horseshoe', which I placed into the second cache that I found. The first item that I kept, which was from the second cache that I found, was a toy tow truck for my son who was 10 months old at the time. He went geocaching with us, but stayed in the Jeep with my girlfriend while I tromped down the hillside looking for Hamaker High. He's 2.5 years old now and really likes going 4-wheeling and geocaching with daddy and mommy. They ussually don't come with me, but occaisionally we will make a day of it, mostly just running around in the hills on the old wagon trails and logging roads.

The first cache i found was quite wet and most of the thing in it were ruined. I did take a keychain that I eventually dropped in another cache. To the best of my knowledge I have only kept 3 things I have found in caches. The frist a shut off valve with fittings for a garden hose which I now use in my pool heater. I also have a traveling frog from the Lilly Pad sadly the registry is no longer working, untill (and if it does) the frogs are tracked again I'm going to hold onto it I like the frogs. And I have a wooden Indiana County bicentenial coin that I intend to keep from BVNA.

Eeyore

I'm one sat short of triangulation.

Gargoyle here... Since I am still a newbie I still have my first item... it was found at the "Washington's Crossing 1" in New Jersey. We found the first cache without a GPS and I took an African Tribal Mask neclace... it is hanging off the rearview mirror. I left a Liberty Bell bell in that cache.

The first thing I took was a dog toy, which was disemboweled within 10 minutes of giving it to my puppy. The second thing I took was a small rubber fish which I glued a magnet to. I stuck it on the wall in my bathroom which is covered in magnetic paint. Still trying to figure out a way to use this paint on a cache.

Happy Halloween

My first was a #31 NASCAR matchbox which got left in a car related cache soon after. The first memorable swaggage was a rubber chicken keychain which started the trend/fetish? that led to the creation of my first cache: The Keys to the Cache-l

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

A Mossberg Viking button.Man what I went through to get that.My first find and the first and only finder of this Cache.Seems it was on an Ohio State wildlife park...It had to go.Traded an Elvis Card and Stamp for it...What else...I'm cwoper...The "KING" lives!!!

The first thing I took was a dog toy, which was disemboweled within 10 minutes of giving it to my puppy. The second thing I took was a small rubber fish which I glued a magnet to. I stuck it on the wall in my bathroom which is covered in magnetic paint. Still trying to figure out a way to use this paint on a cache.<BR><BR>Happy Halloween

Magnetic paint??? The sensors in the black helicopters can see straight through that stuff you know. You need to keep wearing the foil hat and underwear as well, to be safe.

:ph34r::(:huh::huh::lol:

We pikced up a TB but not a real trade item from our first cache (we didn't quite know the trading rules, so we left a game and took the TB). Our first keepable item was from the second cache we found, and we do still have it -- a Matchbox Y-Nossarus dump truck. It's currently not sitting on a shelf of caching stuff or anything -- it's in the shoebox of a hundred matchbox cars that our nephew plays with when he visits. He enjoys it when the Y-Nossarus head-butts regular cars and trucks. :ph34r:

We left a pair of handwarmers and a Geocaching button in exchange.

(Going back and reading the logs, I see that the truck was left by anniebananie.)

The first thing I took was a dog toy, which was disemboweled within 10 minutes of giving it to my puppy. The second thing I took was a small rubber fish which I glued a magnet to. I stuck it on the wall in my bathroom which is covered in magnetic paint.  Still trying to figure out a way to use this paint on a cache.<BR><BR>Happy Halloween

Magnetic paint??? The sensors in the black helicopters can see straight through that stuff you know. You need to keep wearing the foil hat and underwear as well, to be safe.

:o:D:D:P:D

I bought some magnetic paint but I couldn't get it out of the can!

Anyway...my first and only swag item taken was from my first cache find. It is a pencil with little horsies all over it. I keep it on my dresser as a momento.

The first item I took was a pack of mini jet toys from a dollar store...I traded a tropicana collectible race car for it. I kept the jets for awhile, with the name of the cache and its coords written on the pack of the package, but dropped them off in a flight themed cache awhile back.

Our first cache swag was a yellow punch ball balloon which the kids played with until it met its end.

My sons favourite toys seem to be the ones he gets from caching - we spend fortunes at birthdays & christmas but he prefers the toy Mini Cooper and Brian The Snail (a burger King toy i think!)

Hubby has a nodding Mojo Jo Jo on his car dash and I have a nodding Dee Dee on mine (both Cartoon Network freebies and both from different caches)

Back in June 2003 I found my first geocache and I took a sig item. This was before I even knew what the heck a sig item was. It was just a cool thing in a cahce. It was a handmade chainmail keychain made by VictoryMike. It hangs in my car now as a reminder of that day that changed my life (well, as far as hobbies are concerned) forever.

VictoryMike still makes these keychains and they are as cool as ever. :D