How Do I Change the Background of My Cache Pages?

Ruprex

You do not need to link to an image on another website. This knocks down the bandwidth on the other website, and it makes them rather upset when you do this.

Instead -- your background image can be loaded to your geocaching account, and then you can link to that image with the the following instructions.

To load the image, go to MY CACHE PAGE. Click on Change my Account Information. Then find the PHOTO Section and click UPLOAD ANY IMAGES YET. You will get a box. Browse to your image and upload it.

Click Upload another photo. Note, You ARE NOT going to upload another image. Another blank upload window will appear. Scroll down, and you will see the image you just uploaded. Left click on the image link. The image should open in a browser window with a web address. This is the address to your image. Copy the address line. You will need it in a second.

Close out of the Upload Image window and go to your cache page where you want to add the background. In the Long Description copy and paste in the following code.

BGPROPERTIES="fixed">

Change the http:// address to the address of your image. When you save the changes, the cache page will load with the image that you loaded as the background.

Here is a link to my Night Stalker Cache and if you notice the background image does not appear on the cache page.

Night Stalker #1

Hope that get's you started.

When you up load images to your Geocaching account, The message says to upload only JPEG images. I've uploaded GIf's and Word documents. Others have uploaded WAV, MP3, Excel files.. You name it, they have uploaded it. Look at some of the cache pages by the Artful Dodger to get an example of everything you can upload and use in a cache page. icon_biggrin.gif