MORE ABOUT GROUNDSPEAK

I am not allowed to post any more pictures, drawings or other images or renditions of Hydee, or else I will be fired. I am already on double-secret probation.

But hey, maybe if I got fired, I would have time to do other things, like find Desk Jocky's multicache!

You never know when some local law or regulation might take you out.

e273f2f3-f3ab-4936-aa30-06ad20c8e9fd.jpg

Good think Keystone didn't have to worry about something that would be REALLY dangerous like some sort of unexploded military ordnance while hiking on this day. That might make you more nervous.

:blink:

Since I'm not on double-secret probation (yet), here's another photo of hydee

for those insatiable, hydee-hunting, geo-stalkers

(wait; I'm talking about myself here)! :blink:

2055947_300.jpg

From left: Keystone Approver, hydee, (one who shall not be named),

and Misguided One near Seattle, Sept. 13, 2003.

:D:o

Thats PURPLE pony to you.

is there really much of a difference? are you trying to imply that a purple pony is more masculine than a pink one? :lol:

has nothing to do with being masculine. Its all about the fact the purple is the color of royalty!!!!

:huh:

Please don't get me wrong. These are great pictures and all, but for sake of Sept1c_Tank's topic I will ask that this topic please get back on topic again.

Please remember, this is a topic about people who work or volunteer for Groundspeak only. In honor of Keystone Approver, this is an example of a keystone for arch building. A keystone is a wedged shaped piece of brick or stone that is put in the middle of an arch. It locks the arch in place.

keystone.jpg

Please remember, this is a topic about people who work or volunteer for Groundspeak only. In honor of Keystone Approver, this is an example of a keystone for arch building. A keystone is a wedged shaped piece of brick or stone that is put in the middle of an arch. It locks the arch in place.

Then what am I doing here!!

Then what am I doing here!!

Not to mention me! :huh:

...Please remember, this is a topic about people who work or volunteer for Groundspeak only.

Actually, mtn-man is correct, if you read the first post of this topic. However, throughout the year it has been running, I have broadened it somewhat to include prominent or high profile geocachers, children geocachers, suspected closet approvers and just plain geocachers.

After all, Groundspeak wouldn't exist without these people, so I have included them to this topic. The intent of the topic is for entertainment and information about the whole of Groundspeak and I welcome any information, especially pictures (interesting pictures) that can be tweaked into this broad definition.

FYI, since this topic began in July of last year, there have been 23 different photos of Jeremy published. other photos include : hydee, 10; mtn-man, 6; Keystone Approver, 5; Rothstafari and briansnat, 4; Clayjar, moun10bike, 9Key, and Criminal, 3. And lots of others.

Also, FYI, at least 2 photos have been deleted by TPTB. (don't ask, I won't tell you)

Many children and other cachers have also appeared in the topic. I invite anyone with quality, identified photos (or stories) to post here, but please refrain from Abject Silliness-type joking and personal conversations. Right now we have a sort of a magazine documenting the history and the present state of Groundspeak and it's members. I started this thread with a magazine attitude and you might say it is the precursor of Today's Cacher.

And I want to thank Jeremy and hydee and the other Groundspeak volunteers who have not only put up with, but actually supported and contributed to this thread.

FYI, since this topic began in July of last year, there have been 23 different photos of Jeremy published. other photos include : hydee, 10; mtn-man, 6; Keystone Approver, 5; Rothstafari and briansnat, 4; Clayjar, moun10bike, 9Key, and Criminal, 3. And lots of others.

Also, FYI, at least 2 photos have been deleted by TPTB. (don't ask, I won't tell you)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with Groundspeak. As for that other statement you don’t have to tell me, I know what/why and, sheesh, I’m getting a headache from rolling my eyes.

FYI, since this topic began in July of last year, there have been 23 different photos of Jeremy published. other photos include : hydee, 10....

Can't that be the other way around? :)

"Workin' on it!" :bad:

............................. Mother and Daughter

f79ba75b-b467-465d-9d89-fec9dacf6794.jpg

Hydee (right) and her mom earlier this year in Seattle.

B):)

After months of fishing, I have finally learned

the true identity of NJ Admin.

Why he has gone undetected for so long

is hard to say, but I'm sure I've nailed him this time.

Stay tuned for a revealing photo of NJ Admin. :unsure:

In the meantime,

Can you identify this snake?

9b948bf1-417f-4347-ba0f-7ab0588d41dd.jpg

:unsure::tongue:

Stay tuned for a revealing photo of NJ Admin. :unsure:

In the meantime,

:unsure::tongue:

Why yes, those look like Yellow Jeeps. And besides, everyone knows that Keystone is also NJAdmin. His weekday home is located in Atlantic City, and he spends his weekends in South Western PA

Can anyone name this suspicious character?

ps.jpg

Bonus points if you know his alter ego....

I'm not sure but he is definitely a Prime Suspect. :unsure::tongue::huh:

The place: Waxahachie, TX.

The date: June 12, 2004.

Biography for Prime Suspect:

A shadowy figure who moves through the night. Few clear photos exist, except for some dusty mug shots stashed in a forgotten file drawer in a dark corner of a rundown police station in one of the more disreputable sections of Istanbul. But the less said about that, the better.

He usually works alone, but is sometimes in the company of a pack of nefarious malefactors, rapscallions, and miscreants.

Prime Suspect is a charter member of Groundspeak. :unsure:

Edited by sept1c_tank

Stay tuned for a revealing photo of NJ Admin. :lol:

In the meantime,

:lol:<_<

I was going to say something about rattlers......... but I don't want a flame war from the Jeep People. Lets just say it's from the same family as the Viper.

A chronicle of Groundspeak would not be complete

without some inside stuff on the

````````“Father of Geocaching.”````````

7c712f5e-1c24-4d4e-aa2c-09a55ccf651f.jpg

Dave Ulmer at the Original Stash Tribute Plaque, 9-7-2003.

According to this document (a video depicting Dave Ulmer with the first GPS

stash including a close-up of the logbook) he was thinking geostash even before

President Clinton announced the demise of SA on May 3, 2000.

If you look real close, you can see the date on the logbook is 4-3-00.

d110042f-7d4a-42ca-b557-2b685bf5cf2a.jpg

“Celebrating the demise of SA.”

Some people don’t realize that Dave’s always been living in the future.

In the 1950s, Dave was building transistor radios in Band-Aid boxes.

You can find another fine example of Dave Ulmer blossoming before his time

in this screen capture of some of his (archived) caches.

Notice the dates the caches were placed (1954-1967).

67464306-f947-43ee-8015-f45864b8fd4e.jpg

And rumor has it, that way, way, way back (before there were forum moderators),

“The Father of Geocaching” was temporarily banned from the early forums

because of a vocal disagreement with TPTB.

Of course, that’s just rumor. :o:o

OK, I will admit that I read the first page of this thread and skipped to the end to post, so if this has been covered I apologize.

TPTB mentioned that they someday hope to have a slush puppie machine at the big HQ. I just happen to have a Slush Puppie machine I am no longer using, that I am sure would fit the bill nicely. Of course we would have to figure out how to get it there. Maybe we could even set up a difficulty five virtual sort of a take your picture drinking a slush puppie from the GC.com HQ Official Slush Puppie machine. I could get behind donating a slush puppie machine for something like that.

OK, I will admit that I read the first page of this thread and skipped to the end to post, so if this has been covered I apologize.

TPTB mentioned that they someday hope to have a slush puppie machine at the big HQ. I just happen to have a Slush Puppie machine I am no longer using, that I am sure would fit the bill nicely. Of course we would have to figure out how to get it there. Maybe we could even set up a difficulty five virtual sort of a take your picture drinking a slush puppie from the GC.com HQ Official Slush Puppie machine. I could get behind donating a slush puppie machine for something like that.

Um, well, if you send it down to Atlanta first I promise I will get it there for you...

eventually. :o:o;)

Throw a set of TB tags on it and get ClayJar to take it there on his next run.

TPTB mentioned that they someday hope to have a slush puppie machine at the big HQ.  I just happen to have a Slush Puppie machine I am no longer using, that I am sure would fit the bill nicely.  Of course we would have to figure out how to get it there.  Maybe we could even set up a difficulty five virtual sort of a take your picture drinking a slush puppie from the GC.com HQ Official Slush Puppie machine.  I could get behind donating a slush puppie machine for something like that.

Um, well, if you send it down to Atlanta first I promise I will get it there for you...

eventually. :lol::lol::ph34r:

If you can get it to New Mexico from Georgia, I can take it as far as California