Which Garmin do you own?

Aronius

WOW, you are over the top with the polls. What are you trying to achive? Maybe we can be more specific.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

also,

I voted that I own a V

I can't comment on its performance in a positive way so I wont. I'm waiting on a replacement because I think I got a lemon.

______________________________________________________________________________________

FYI,

Your missing Lowrance products. I have a Lowrance Global Map 100 and it still rocks after 4 years.

I don't get why you posted that here when you were first to say that you had a legend in the etrex poll/thread. Regardless I thought it was funny.

On a side note,

It would be nice to have more than 5 selections when creating a poll. That would have eliminated the multiple polls, and condensed them to one. I know I sure wish I was able to add more then 5 choices in polls that I have made in the past.

UMC,

That's what I'm saying....It took a little planning to do the polls...I used all the GPSr's that were on the REI Comparison page hoping to cover a majority of the GPSr units....I had to draw the line somewhere.

I noticed people haven't been reading the little side notes refering them to my other polls...oh well...life goes on.

The polls have served their purpose...regardless.

Farewell Mother Hips....for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacksons:

Those that can,do; those that can't,teach; those that can't do or teach, manage

I am a teacher.

"I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could. I can make a C+ feel like a Congressional Medal of Honor and an A-feel like a slap in the face if the student did not do his or her very best. I can make parents tremble in fear when I call home. I can make kids wonder. I can make them question. I can make them criticize. I can make them write, read, and spell definitely beautiful over and over until they never misspell either one of those words again. I can make students understand that if you have the brains, then follow your heart...and if someone ever tries to judge you by what you make, you pay no attention to them.

You know what I can make? I can make a difference. What about you." source: anonymous. icon_wink.gif

David Berne

quote:

I am a teacher.

"I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could. I can make a C+ feel like a Congressional Medal of Honor and an A-feel like a slap in the face if the student did not do his or her very best. I can make parents tremble in fear when I call home. I can make kids wonder. I can make them question. I can make them criticize. I can make them write, read, and spell definitely beautiful over and over until they never misspell either one of those words again. I can make students understand that if you have the brains, then follow your heart...and if someone ever tries to judge you by what you make, you pay no attention to them.

You know what I can make? I can make a difference. What about you." source: anonymous. icon_wink.gif

David Berne

SOUNDS LIKE ONE HELL OF A POWER TRIP TO ME. THIS IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF TEACHER I THINK WE DONT NEED. just because you can make people do things, and make them afraid of you doesnt mean you have accomplished anything. must be nice to be an adult picking on kids, ha?

SR and dboggny.

9372_2600.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by tahoeberne:

I am a teacher.

David Berne

Sounds like a teacher that flunked Enlish on the way to the power locker. Do you realize what the 1st person is - I. You "I'd" so many times, one would think you have a bruise on your left shoulder, caused by excessive pats from the right hand, done while expounding your virtues in front of a mirror. icon_biggrin.gif

Being a parent and taxpayer would cause me to not tremble when you call, but to see what could be done about your lack of gainful employment. icon_razz.gif

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

Those of you who have mentioned that their GPSr is not on the poll or can't find theie eTrex in this poll it's because when choose to do a poll you only have room to enter 5 choices. I tries to cover most of the GPSr but was not able to cover them all. If you GPSr is not on the list please enter a post...if you have a GPSr that's on another poll please be objective and read the note below the poll. Thanks.

Aronius

Farewell Mother Hips....for now.

quote:
Originally posted by Skully & Mulder et al.:

"...Did anyone mention that e-trax Ledgend is not on the pole (or is it poll?)?... ...BTW how come e-trax Ledgend is not on the list?..."

Hey, y'know, you're right! The eTrex Legend isn't on the list! What's up with that...??!? Why can't this poll be the 'eTrex' poll and the 'eTrex' poll be the 'Garmin' poll...??!?

Due to this inexcusable confusion, I think 'Aronius' should quit as the self-appointed GeoCaching.com poll taker (...but not before he takes a poll to decide).

Moving this topic over to the GPS Units and Software Forum, which is where it initially belonged. An ancient thread from the days before forum moderators. :blink:

Does everyone remember those glorious days? :rolleyes:

On topic, I finally replaced my old 3+ with a V and a Geko 301. Scarily, the 3+ sold for more than the V cost.

I have a GPS V with CitySelect for in the car and a GPSmap 60C with Topo for when I'm not in the car. I had a Legend C but I returned it to get the 60C. Nothing really wrong with the Legend C, just that the screen was a bit too small. I haven't used the 60C outside yet, just exchanged on tuesday.