Lost containers?

Guest raptorrider2001

Guest raptorrider2001

I'm a newby! First question that comes to mind about containers is do you get them back most of the time? Are they often found by "non-cachers" by accident and carried off or destroyed?

Guest makaio

I haven't heard of anyone taking or replacing the container (other than the cache owner themself).

Most caches are placed with the intent that they will remain where you put them for a very long time, therefore, the container is not something you expect to 'get back'. I suppose eventually, if folks ever lose interest in the sport we'all all go collect the caches we placed and get our containers back. Personally, I hope mine remain where they are long after I'm gone.

Some people plant caches with the intent on leaving them there only for a short time, or plan on moving them to various locations to avoid unintended trails from being created by extensive visits to the cache. In these cases, they'd likely want to reuse the same container.