Erroneous Track Info

Rebel

Around 1300 Eastern today my Map 330 lost all satellite info. It just couldn't seem to lock on to any. Watching the satellite acquisition screen I saw that it would find one, drop it, find another, and so on.

For about 3 hours.

In the meantime, I turned it off, on, reinitialized, etc. It's got the latest Magellan base map software, WAAS, etc.

At about 1800 it finally locked onto enough satellites to get a fix. Out of curiosity, I downloaded the track info. According to my GPSr, I made a bee line from Atlanta to a location about 50 miles off the coast of Uruguay.

Too weird!

Anyone else run into something like this?

Once yesterday at about 14h00 MDT and once today at about 09h30 MDT my Vista lost all sats for about 10 minutes each time even though I was in wide open and flat rural prairie.

Mighta happened more but those were two times I needed it and it wasn't there

What worried me more was how long it took me to figure out what direction I needed to turn, I rely on the GPS too much, obviously. icon_frown.gif

Once yesterday at about 14h00 MDT and once today at about 09h30 MDT my Vista lost all sats for about 10 minutes each time even though I was in wide open and flat rural prairie.

Mighta happened more but those were two times I needed it and it wasn't there

What worried me more was how long it took me to figure out what direction I needed to turn, I rely on the GPS too much, obviously. icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Da Rebel:

Around 1300 Eastern today my Map 330 lost all satellite info. It just couldn't seem to lock on to any. Watching the satellite acquisition screen I saw that it would find one, drop it, find another, and so on.

Anyone else run into something like this?

This has happened to me plenty of times. Usually, the explaination can be found

here or here.

MajBach

You can't have everything,where would you put it?

1compass.gif