Goofus and Gallant Go Geocaching

CYBret

h1GnGgallant.gif Gallant creates signature items, which are hand crafted and individually numbered, that are prized by all local cachers.

h1GnGgoofus.gif Goofus leaves a individual monkey from a Barrel full of Monkeys game as his signature item. When he runs out, he returns to caches he's been to and takes his signature item to use again.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

sigavatar.gif

h1GnGgallant.gif While lost in the woods, Gallant turns to the emergency channel on his GMRS radio to call for help, remains calm, slowly eats from his emergency rations and occasionally blows his whistle to alert searchers of his position.

h1GnGgoofus.gif Goofus finds a bunch of wood and uses matches he was going to place in a cache to build a signal fire that spells out S.O.S. because he saw it once on Gilligan's Island.

timbertoes.gif The Timbertoes family is never seen again.

[This message was edited by CYBret on September 19, 2003 at 05:00 AM.]

Gallant sees a choice item show up at a nearby cache and respects the fact that he has already been to that cache, therefore won't swoop in and grab the item.

Gallant's wife Goofus doesn't take NO for an answer and hounds Gallant until he goes and swaps for the choice item.

Gallant is whipped, for sure. icon_frown.gif

--------------------

Searching for the lost, Geocache.......

Gallant knows his morning starts with a fresh and healthy breakfast, because the early bird gets the FTF!

Goofus knows his morning starts at noon, with whiskey and a crack pipe. Screw the early bird, he has a key to Gallant's apartment!

--------------------

h1GnGgallant.gif Gallant earns the trust of the senior cache approver, who lives in Georgia, by e-mailing a scanned copy of his cache permit from the Pennsylvania State Parks office. He provides the coordinates for each stage of his multicaches and stays at least 150 feet away from any railroad tracks.

h1GnGgoofus.gif Goofus became the resident cache approver for Pennsylvania.

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!

h1GnGgallant.gif While caching, Gallant ducks behind a tree as a bus of senior citizens passes by so he won't bring attention to the cache location.

h1GnGgoofus.gif Upon seeing the bus of elderely people, Goofus promptly sets down his Pabst Blue Ribbon, turns away from the bus, drops his pants and yells "The moon's out early today folks!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Scoobie

A day without sunshine is like.....NIGHT!

h1GnGgallant.gif Upon being approached by a policeman wondering what he's doing, Gallant educates the officer about Geocaching and easily explains the activity.

h1GnGgoofus.gif Upon seeing the policeman and knowing about his warrent, Goofus takes off running through the woods and the cop gives chase. Three hours later, the chase ends at a Shoney's where Goofus is holding the night cook hostage and we're all watching the "LIVE" coverage on FOX News. The tag line at the bottom of the TV screen reads: WHEN CACHERS ATTACK

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Scoobie

A day without sunshine is like.....NIGHT!

130036_5400.gif Gallant knows the key to retrieving a cache is to wait for passers-by to be distracted, where they will not notice him.

130036_5500.gif Goofus knows the key to retrieving a cache is to dress like a street person and beg for change from the passers-by, where he will turn invisible like all the rest of the downtrodden.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

Goofus finds a travel bug, drops it into his stash bag forgetting about it for six months, never logs it, never returns the emails from the original travel bug owner and finally decides to make it a keepsake while placing the silver tag that was attached to it in some 5/5 cache on the top of Mt. Kilamangaro.

I lost a travelbug...It is somewhere in my house. I had to cleanup the house real quick for a party and well, I don't know where it is!!

I am sure I will find it soon...in fact, I will try to find it tonight. HAHA

:(

130036_5400.gif Gallant admits he's a pirate on the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he knows that if he doesn't, he'll be labeled a pirate, which he isn't.

130036_5500.gif Goofus admits he's a pirate on the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he knows that if he doesn't, he'll be labeled a pirate, which he is.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

sigavatar.gif

130036_5400.gif Gallant doesn't contribute to the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he doesn't want to be part of a lynch mob.

130036_5500.gif Goofus doesn't contribute to the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he doesn't want his butt kicked by his pirate comrades.

--------------------

130036_5400.gif Gallant encourages his fellow posters to stay rational while discussing Geo-pirates, who may or may not be a Geo-pirate, and what to do about the Geo-pirates.

130036_5500.gif Goofus eats puppies.

Caching without music is like swimming without water.

[This message was edited by Cupajo on September 24, 2003 at 08:25 AM.]

[This message was edited by Cupajo on September 24, 2003 at 08:26 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

quote:
Originally posted by Cupajo:

I suppose you don't really need water to swim in (you can swim in pudding, Jell-o, toxic waste) but really, music is not related to geocaching in the least. Try to use a proper analogy next time.

Hey, you're entitled to your own opinion...even if it's wrong. icon_wink.gif

quote:

I suppose you don't really need water to swim in (you can swim in pudding, Jell-o, toxic waste) but really, music is not related to geocaching in the least. Try to use a proper analogy next time.

Yeah, otherwise the Thread Police will swoop in and complain that you're draggin this thread off-topic, then a mod will be called on to lock the thread down. All because you mentiond music! icon_mad.gif

--------------------

quote:

http://www.highlightskids.com/Stories/GnG/images/h1GnGgallant.gif Gallant allows topics to take their natural course, even if it means some people will post off-topic

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/87227_1500.jpg Goofus feels he must police every thread to make sure it stays on topic

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

LOL icon_biggrin.gif

"When in doubt...hit it with a hammer" C²™

130036_5400.gif Gallant figures out who the pirates are and addresses them in a general manner to discourage further actions.

130036_5500.gif Goofus starts a private "Pirate Snitch" topic and charges users $5 apiece to get on the Invitation List.....

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/130036_5400.gif Gallant admits he's a pirate on the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he knows that if he doesn't, he'll be labeled a pirate, which he isn't.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/130036_5500.gif Goofus admits he's a pirate on the "I know who the pirates are" thread because he knows that if he doesn't, he'll be labeled a pirate, which he is.

Scarey. How true.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

130036_5400.gif Gallant goes geocaching after work using coordinates he downloaded into his GPSr from his home computer the night before.

130036_5500.gif Goofus calls in sick and goes geocaching using the coordinates he downloaded into his GPSr from his office computer the day before.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

sigavatar.gif

Criminal, you really do need to go back into that post and edit it to make it PG rated. Please keep the forums family friendly. I am sure that you can find a way to convey the humor and the underlying message using different terms.

Just a warning for now... I do not wish to edit without prior notice. Thank you.

EDIT: THANKS Criminal, for editing out that post. It was funny, just not for the public forum.

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!

[This message was edited by Keystone Approver on September 25, 2003 at 08:25 PM.]