Now THAT'S customer service!

Squealy

About a week ago, I placed another order at the Groundspeak store, needed some cache stickers and TB tags and whatnot.

In the section that asked for special instructions, I thought I'd try to brighten up their day a little by asking them to "Seal it with a kiss".

The package came yesterday, and lo and behold, it was my day that was brightened - I flipped over the box to open it -

and there it was - a small piece of paper, with lip prints, taped on to the box. I couldn't stop laughing - maybe it was the Guinness from Happy Hour - but either way, thanks to the good people there for making my day.

Thanks Jeremy - for going the extra mile and putting on the lipstick for my package icon_wink.gif.

And yes, I worded it like that on purpose. icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, thanks again for making my day -

-Squealy

So many caches, why am I on the forums?

Don't let Hydee kiss it (kiss of death) or else it might be locked and never seen again. LOL, just kidding. That's pretty cool that Jeremy or whoever actually did that. It shows that geocaching still is a community and not an empire....

----

Extra batteries for GPS, don't leave home without 'em.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Careful...could have been the _kiss of Hydee!_ icon_wink.gif

http://www.indianageocaching.comhttp://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ws/emoticons/signal/bad_boy_a.gif http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/puke.gif

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

Maybe it was a frog kiss. surprise.gif

lookerline_e0.gif

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

mystats.php?userid=GeoFool&bgcol=FFFFF0&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg

That's a cool story.

I made an order for just under $400 when I first started. I was surprised to find the phones manned by rothstafari himself. He seemed like a really cool guy and we talked for a bit beyond my order. I came away feeling like Groundspeak/Sunrise Idenity really had done their homework on how to run a business.

After reading this thread, I keep getting these visuals of him putting on lipstick and testing it on napkins to get it "just right." bad_boy_a.gif I don't think I'll be picking an order up in person any time soon. tongue.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Ok, it wasn't Jeremy. It wasn't me either. I checked with our fulfillment department (a great group of people) and here's the story:

"I read the special instructions on the order and cracked up when it asked me to seal with a kiss. So of course I ran to my car were Karrie had kissed an envelope to remove some of her lipstick. Then I cut out the best looking lips and sealed the box with them.

That's great the customer got a kick out of that. That makes my Monday. ;-)

Paul"

Karrie is Paul's girlfriend. Great customer service indeed !!! icon_smile.gif

smile.gif Rothstafari

Groundspeak

Ok, it wasn't Jeremy. It wasn't me either. I checked with our fulfillment department (a great group of people) and here's the story: <BR><BR>"I read the special instructions on the order and cracked up when it asked me to seal with a kiss. So of course I ran to my car were Karrie had kissed an envelope to remove some of her lipstick. Then I cut out the best looking lips and sealed the box with them.<BR>That's great the customer got a kick out of that. That makes my Monday. ;-)<BR>Paul"<BR><BR>Karrie is Paul's girlfriend. Great customer service indeed !!! icon_smile.gif<!--graemlin::lol:--><BR><BR>smile.gif<!--graemlin:;)--> Rothstafari<BR>Groundspeak

So.....what I'm wondering is this.... If I place an order....and make a special request like.........hmmmm.......ahhh, how about ......

Make it free?..........

Do I get my wish too?.......... (chuckle) Just wanted to tell the folks there.....GREAT JOB!! With all the complaints about customer service lately at stores.....it's great to see somebody going the extra mile.

opie744,,,,my g-f called you some naughty names including "schlub" (i dont really know what it means but go with it) she is of the opinion that you are a philistine for not knowing anything about "lord of the rings" from her mouth " he needs to go and watch all three movies..." sorry not my thought