because of U.S.'s military plan of attacking Iraq???

rjt

Recent days, some gps users say that they can't receive satellites' message codes as normal.

Fewer satellites they can receive than before.

Some people think that's because U.S. Government do something for military reason(about Iraq).

Does everybody meet the condition,too?

Can't receive satellite message code as normal?

I think it's just good old human nature. People speculate that the system will be affected, thus they see what they expect to see. Most likely a normal regular occurance they didn't pay any attention to before. You also see it a lot with software upgrades, or when people initially switch to a different receiver or something. Very often they notice things they didn't notice before, or interpret things from a different perspective.

Just my wild guess

Jeff

I've noticed sporadic reception problems, even in open terrain, since I've started using a GPS. This was true well before Saddam started forcing the world into a possible war.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Exactly! The anomolies I've seen have been there since I first started messing with a GPSr in the first place. In fact, they seem to come and go and I suspect it is in some relation to the frequency of sunspots as well, which DO affect radio, cellphone, and other electronic communications.

Who knows, maybe it's the little green men coming back after taking a break..... (no, not the marines, sheesh....LOL).

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

"...If you wrap a towel around your head, your GPS will think your THEM and your signal will get errors introduced..."

That's just plain ignorant (...and tacking on a couple of 'smiley' icons doesn't change it).

http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/animated/provii/ontario1.gif

That's right, canuck it's ignorant. Everyone knows you have to line the towel with aluminum foil for that to work.

King Pellinore

quote:
Originally posted by CT Trampers:

The "Towel around the head" reference is from an Arnold Schwartenegger (sp?) movie called "Total Recall", where Arnold has a tracking device in his brain. He is told to put a wet towel over his head to block/confuse the signal.

I know the movie. I don't see the connection between it and the suggestion that wearing a towel around your head makes you appear to be one of "...THEM..." (note the title of this particular forum discussion).

ontario1.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:
Originally posted by majicman:

"...If you wrap a towel around your head, your GPS will think your THEM and your signal will get errors introduced..."

That's just plain ignorant (...and tacking on a couple of 'smiley' icons doesn't change it).

http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/animated/provii/ontario1.gif

Cache Canucks - You are absolutely correct.

Majicman is ignorant (and the sooner we all realize this, the better things will be.)

I did not mean to "offend", but my "crude" attempts at humour so ofttimes goes astray. I deeply and humbly apologize as I truely did not consider the nature of what I was intoning with the "towel around the head" slur.

And Criminal - Bite me!

--majicman

So ...let me get this straight, Cache Canucks...

You are all for going to war with Iraq, killing untold numbers of innocent Iraqi citizens in the process ...yet you are 'offended' by an obtuse 'towel head' joke???

Please ...we wouldn't want to offend your delicate sensibilities.