Exploring/Geocaching Music

AlphaOp

I'm curious, what music do people listen to when they go out geocaching? I like loading Beethoven's Ninth Symphony for when I go out caching or exploring myself. (I particularly like the "march" about 11 minutes into the piece. Sometimes I actually sing along in German when in the car.) Sometimes I also like some techno music from groups like 7.1 and Aura on mp3.com, and I also like a few tracks on the sountrack for the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

So, what do you folks like?

Im with civilwarranger. I just listen to the sounds of nature when out Geocaching and hiking.

Now if I'm backpacking, when we get to camp I might put on some mellow stuff like Bach, Mozart, Neil Young, Mazzy Star, 10000 Maniacs, The Chieftans, Radiohead, Nanci Griffith, Neutral Milk Hotel, or Cake.

Driving in the car on the way to a cache

hunt (or hike, or work) I'll listent to upbeat driving music like Bizet, Offspring, Apples in Stereo, They Might Be Giants, Dandy Warhols, early Bowie, Pere Ubu, Television, Pixies, Husker Du or Sleater Kinney

I'm usually trying to get my 6yo to be quiet long enough to listen to the sounds of nature. What we usually end up doing is using the hiking time to enjoy some good conversation (although most of it rests on Spiderman and the Green Goblin right now - and he hasn't even seen the movie).

In the car - I usually keep one of my copies of Classical Geocaching in the CD Player.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

While caching, I'm just enjoying the sounds of nature. Plus I can hear the caches a bit easier when I get close them. Part of The Force which helps me in finding the cache is to listen for them. Ih you are really quiet you should hear something like "I am here. Come find me."

In the evening on the camp ground I bring a nice little Sony sport radio I found in one cache and tune into what ever local radio station is available, which usually turns out to be country music around here.

I listen for other hikers, people who may need help, animals (like deer), my wife or son, birds and water.

I guess you could say I'm paying attention to what's going on around me.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

I like most others don't listen to anything while caching, are you saying Alpaop that you actually listen to music while in the woods? (If you listened to music while hunting my cache on presque isle, I'm gonna have to beat you with a towel icon_biggrin.gif) Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose. The drive to the cache is another story, It's a good bet I'll be listening to Phish, maybe some jazz, bela fleck, classical, or string cheese incident thrown in there. Only thing I listen to on the radio is NPR, cause hey when your travelling you can only listen to music so often. Wish I had the LOTR on CD, that would be nice.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

I like most others don't listen to anything while caching, are you saying Alpaop that you actually listen to music while in the woods? (If you listened to music while hunting my cache on presque isle, I'm gonna have to beat you with a towel icon_biggrin.gif) Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose. The drive to the cache is another story, It's a good bet I'll be listening to Phish, maybe some jazz, bela fleck, classical, or string cheese incident thrown in there. Only thing I listen to on the radio is NPR, cause hey when your travelling you can only listen to music so often. Wish I had the LOTR on CD, that would be nice.

"...Not all those who wander are lost..."