You know you're addicted...ULTIMATE geocaching christmas present!

Tomebug

Hey, your kind of cute

Lep

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Not sorry yet, We're having a blast in the snow. Don't know if you can see it in the pic, but my kids have made a sledding run just behind the Jeep that drops down into the driveway and runs across the front yard. They spent about 5 hours on that run yesterday, and again today.

Ask me again in February though. I'll probably be ready for some hot California sun by then!!

Hey, thanks UMC.

[This message was edited by Tomebug on December 28, 2002 at 04:46 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Fox Finder:

I don't see the external GPS antenna on the roof. Whereizit?

I used to have one of those jeeps. There is a nice spot right on top of the dash that I always wanted to mount a Garmin 120 on (The screen on the GPSII is too small). It never happened so I just ended up putting my two meter rig there. (BTW: If anyone is interested, Firestik makes an antenna mount just for this jeep model)

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

Wow, if only you had your GPS in that picture, you could have logged it as http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=16379 cache find!

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

How about this?

Found it!

Actually, I got the Yellow Jeep Fever cache already, it was my 100th find. As you can see, I definitely caught the fever!

Originally posted by umc:

Hey, your kind of cute

That's what I was trying to tell you, U! icon_wink.gif

Tomebug,

You will luuuuvvvvv your new Wrangler! I drove two over the last 10ish to 12ish years. I finally grew up, SOME, and now drive a Ford SuperCrew.

But, as the "U" has pointed out, I'm afraid I don't look anywhere near as good in my truck as you do in your new Wrangler. icon_eek.gif

(The "U" wouldn't look good in either I'm sorry to say) icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I don't have the Trimble thing yet, but I do have the GC.com window cling in the front window, and as soon as it warms up some I have a nifty logo sticker for a side window, thanks to Rich in NEPA. It's even yellow! I also have the "I'd rather be Geocaching" license plate frame. So...it's getting there!

And I think ArchieDH is right, it is so much fun to drive! Way better than my old Suburban, and I'll spend less than half in gas, phew. I just have to get used to the limited cargo room, but once I strap the kids to the roof there will be lots more room for geo-junk, haha.

Well those who have quoted me have missed the

"Lep" part that I put at the end of my post. I was telling Lep (Leprechaun) he was cute.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.