Science Fair

Micqn

I was a judge at a science fair today at an elementry school and one 5th grader had a display that was all about Global Positioning.

Not exactly the way we all do it but with an astrolabe! This kid demonstrated it found our latitude and then used a stopwatch to find our longitude. I gave him 1st place on default!

Anyone brave enough to try placing a cache using coords from doing that?

Happy. Hunting. burnout.gif

I like to know more about this, I was asked to do a GPS thing for the boy scout "scout-o-rama". and I figured I would add some other ways to navigate: you know maps, compass, and other stuff (I have a while before I have to do it so I am going to check up on other methods first).

Wyatt W

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:
Originally posted by phantom4099:

I like to know more about this, I was asked to do a GPS thing for the boy scout "scout-o-rama". and I figured I would add some other ways to navigate: you know maps, compass, and other stuff (I have a while before I have to do it so I am going to check up on other methods first).

Phantom have a look at this NOVA web page

http://members.shaw.ca/pdops/