FTF shirt

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Judging from the Geocachers I've met (including myself), go with XXL icon_wink.gif .

_"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm_

XXL? That would be a wee bit big on my 5'3" frame. LOL. I think I would look like the first keystone cop geocacher icon_biggrin.gif

I also thought about getting xxl like BrianSnat mentioned, but I thought if any tiny folks found it, they'd never be able to wear it in public. Also, there are a lot of couples that cache so that might cause a fight icon_frown.gif

I also thought about getting like 10 of them and hiding a micro somewhere with coords to the 10 shirts. Kind of make it a Cache Hunter extravaganza, I suppose. But our budget can't afford that just yet!! I also have the fear that someone might grab more than one for themselves...

I don't mind if it gets traded down since this is a FTF idea. If someone trades down, it would just be on their conscience everytime they wore the FTF prize!

Anyone ever bought anything from Cafepress then to say how good these shirts are? Or ever bought this particular item? I checked out the "larger view" on one the shirts and it looks like the image quality is good, but I wonder if the final product is the same? I don't want to get one and then have to force people to take the FTF!! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Pixie_Tracker:

Anyone ever bought anything from Cafepress then to say how good these shirts are? Or ever bought this particular item? I checked out the "larger view" on one the shirts and it looks like the image quality is good, but I wonder if the final product is the same? I don't want to get one and then have to force people to take the FTF!! icon_biggrin.gif

I personally have been very happy with the quality of the printing on items I've purchased from cafepress. Other folks I've anecdotally heard of have not liked the printing quality, but I don't know whether the items they bought had good art uploaded in the first place. If they foolishly bought items where the uploaded art was a low-res bitmap that had been converted to a JPG file, little wonder it might not come out all that pretty. When you upload a high-high-resolution JPG, the quality of the resulting art has been all that I could ask for.

I was thinking of putting a printed card in a cache that said something to this effect: Take this card, and email me your shirt size. We can then meet or I can mail you your shirt.

Some pros:

- shirt fits finder

- finder might have choice of shirt

- shirt not exposed to elements

Maybe a con:

- if finder wants shirt mailed, must provide mailing address. If this an issue, don't take the "you have won a shirt" card from the cache.

- some added cost (postage) for me, the placer.

Has anyone tried/done this? And if so, were you satisfied with the results?

Ciao

RooBoy

RooBoy. That's a great idea! I mean, how much can shipping be on a shirt anyhow? You've got a 95% chance that it will be local shipping too. That is what makes this sport so awesome is the work/effort that people put into it. I am always amazed that there are some people out there that cheapen the game with bad trades, but there are still good folks in the game that should be rewarded every so often! The card idea works well in our case because if we buy of these neat shirts, we can see about having the item shipped to the person directly since we are paying for shipping in any event.

RooBoy wrote:

quote:
posted October 31, 2003 08:21 PM

I was thinking of putting a printed card in a cache that said something to this effect: Take this card, and email me your shirt size. We can then meet or I can mail you your shirt.

Some pros:

- shirt fits finder

- finder might have choice of shirt

- shirt not exposed to elements

Maybe a con:

- if finder wants shirt mailed, must provide mailing address. If this an issue, don't take the "you have won a shirt" card from the cache.

- some added cost (postage) for me, the placer.

Has anyone tried/done this? And if so, were you satisfied with the results?

Ciao

RooBoy

Gift Certificates!

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!