Were You Ever A Scout, Military or.....

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Guest TresOkies

Navy brat. Born at Moffett, lived all over. Avoided Annapolis only by arguing into the night with the Old Man.

No scout troop in the small town where we finally settled. Not sure I would've joined even if there were (I'm not the joining type).

-E

------------------

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

Guest JAMCC47

Went through Scouting as a kid and later in life as an adult leader. Maps & their related gadgets are one of my hobbies. Spent 20 years in the "TEAMS" retired as Master Chief in 1984. Am involved with the USFS as a volunteer in the summer which gives me some good locations for planting Caches, am going to do one in Morse Code at about 11,000 feet this summer, which should turn out to be interesting.

------------------

JoseCanUSea

Guest Cacher Jane8276

I was a Girl Guide in England. A cub/webelos scout leader until my son joined boy scouts. I am a leader of a troop of Senior Girl Scouts and my troop # is 8276, hence my username

I was a Boy Scout at one time, and made it to First Class. The one lesson I remember every time I geocache is "rattlesnakes love palmetto bushes," a very important lesson in Florida. icon_smile.gif

I was a Boy Scout at one time, and made it to First Class. The one lesson I remember every time I geocache is "rattlesnakes love palmetto bushes," a very important lesson in Florida. icon_smile.gif

Yep-"Be Prepared" has been my motto since my Boy Scout days! Went through AFROTC in college and was lucky to be a USAF pilot for 7 years (B-52s and C-7As). Have also been a ham radio op since 1959-so this kind of activity is a natural fit!

Guest must-cache

Just now finishing 20 years in the US Air Force. Time includes: 1 tour of instructor duty, 3 trips to Korea, 1 trip to the UK and 7 long months in Saudi during the Gulf War.

I was a cub scout then a Boy Scout. Made it to Star scout before sports ate up too much of my time. Order of the Arrow too. Used to love the orienteering challenges at camp.