Entering Cache Coordinates into My Etrex

Guest rotto84

First of all, read your manual. I know it's confusing and not a lot of help but you should read it anyway. The next thing I did was then purchased the videotape that goes along with the etrex. It's like having an actual person explain to you how to use your new gps. It helped me alot. Then, and this was the best help for me, I went to the "Getting Started" discussion in these forums. Your in the "general questions" discussion now. Once in the "getting started" area, change the "show topics" at the top right of the page to show topics for the last 30 days and then look for the "I'm lost with the GPS" topic. There are several replys in this thread that really made it all make sense to me. One actually tells you step by step how to enter waypoints. It's not as difficult as you think it would be. I hope this helps and welcome to the game.

Guest Markwell

I answered your question about entering waypoints onto an Etrex in the "Getting Started" forum, but here your asking another question - How do I get started?

First, go to the "Seek a Cache" page from the main Geocaching page, and find a cache in your area - hopefully a Level 1-Level 1 cache, which will be one of the simplest ones. Once you print off that page, then go to the Guide to Finding a Cache and read up. That should get you to your first cache.

From there, it's just a matter of fighting off the addiction. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Markwell

I answered your question about entering waypoints onto an Etrex in the "Getting Started" forum, but here your asking another question - How do I get started?

First, go to the "Seek a Cache" page from the main Geocaching page, and find a cache in your area - hopefully a Level 1-Level 1 cache, which will be one of the simplest ones. Once you print off that page, then go to the Guide to Finding a Cache and read up. That should get you to your first cache.

From there, it's just a matter of fighting off the addiction. icon_biggrin.gif