What is the best geocaching food?

mckee

Just checked out website for Ecobars. I haven't found any type of energy bars yet that really turn me on but these sound pretty good.. icon_razz.gif

Are they only available to purchase for fundraisers or can you buy them in health food stores?... I have never seen them but then again I've never really looked...Power bars are gross and I've yet to see anybody duplicate the real flavor of "chocolate" in any of these energy type bars you can buy... icon_rolleyes.gif

Foxgloves

"A bad day of caching is still better than a good day at work"

~Foxgloves~

quote:
Originally posted by foxgloves:

Just checked out website for Ecobars. I haven't found any type of energy bars yet that really turn me on but these sound pretty good.. icon_razz.gif

Are they only available to purchase for fundraisers or can you buy them in health food stores?... I have never seen them but then again I've never really looked...Power bars are gross and I've yet to see anybody duplicate the real flavor of "chocolate" in any of these energy type bars you can buy... icon_rolleyes.gif

I first found them in a local supermarket (Meijer, IIRC) but I think they can be ordered online by the box for $18 +S/H (about a buck each). My favorite is the Desert Delight(Dates, nuts, figs, honey, light yogurt glaze)

Big thick peanut butter and honey sandwich, Bonus points if it's been in the pack for 2 weeks icon_smile.gif

I allways have a few granola type bars and dried fruit and if I'm feeling real bad...Chocolate bar...Yummmmmm

Without your brain, a map is a piece of coloured paper, a compass is a glorified magnet, and a GPS is a waterproof battery case." " Foothills SAR "

I usually don't carry food while caching. (I am trying to lose weight.)

However when I get done, anything is good.

About 2 weeks ago I did several caches that required half a day of walking. I brought a Power Bar (Harvest apple & cinnimon) - it was surprisingly good. Much better than the Myoplex and other bars my wife tries to get me to eat.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Just ask dboggny what he thinks of these!

Take large flour torillas.

Get roast beef, salami, baby spinach, swiss cheese, cream cheese, turkey, hummous, shredded carrots, lettuce, ham., mayo. mustard.

On a flour tortilla spread not quite to the edge a thin coating of mayo and mustard, put one layer of ham, swiss, lettuce, roll it up and toothpick it to hold it closed. Cut it in half and bag it.

on another use cream cheese, salami and spinach.

Turkey lettuce, cheese, mayo.

Roast beef, hummous, spinach.

You get the idea, use your own favorite ingredients. The initial layer should be thin or you end up with a big huge mess.

These sandwiches are packable, and you can cut them into whatever sizes you want, little finger sandwiches, thirds, halves, whole, whatever. It doesn't matter if you squish them down a bit, and they are very tasty too.

Planet