Travel Routes with Geocaches?

I'm sure somone has tried this but I couldnt find anything specific to it. Hopefully I can get some useful input.

I'm going to be traveling from Illinois down to Key West, FL over the following week. I would like to hit any/all caches that are right of the I-65, I-24 or I-75 going down to Florida. I've done some searches like "I-65" and found a few, however I know from my own experience in Illinois there are quite a few "Travler" caches always near the expressway.

The problem is without going mile by mile and doing a lot of reasearch I don't see an easy way to find caches on my way down. Has anyone else been able to plan a trip and see caches all along the way?

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

If you have the patience, you can use the state map for look for caches along a route. You have to pan along and identify every few miles, so it takes a while--but it does work.

We have a local site in SOCal where we have started sharing info about caches along a route or in an area. Maybe if there is a site for your area it has some info.

Good luck!

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Smoked by Markwell again! I've really got to try and spend 3-4 days looking for this stuff before I post. icon_wink.gif Seriously, thanks for the feedback.

I decided to go the route of the pocket queries. I considered that ones that were potential stops had to be difficulty 2 or below. So I built a query for Regular caches or Virtual with a difficulty of 2 or below in both terrain and overall difficulty.

I then take the queries and throw them into mapsource and follow my route down. Was able to select only the ones that were visually near the road. I'm going to then take all of them (regardless of location) and throw them on my PDA. Should be able to give me all the hints and such on my way down.

Thanks for the feedback!

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif