Dinosaurs and WG$?

Wheresgorge dollars have a tracking mechanism that people like. They are similar to travel bugs and amazingly enough they only cost a buck.

Dinosaurs? Most of the ones I've seen come in that handy 90 pack for 5 bucks or so. They are cheap and 99.9% of all little boys and a good chunko of little girls like them.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Dinosaurs? Most of the ones I've seen come in that handy 90 pack for 5 bucks or so. They are cheap and 99.9% of all little boys and a good chunko of little girls like them.

Dinosaurs are often left by Red Hot Mama for the simple reason that she's the granddaughter of Earl Douglass, who found the first fossils in what is now Dinosaur National Monument. Leonata (great granddaughter) and I got the first bunch for her, and she's taken the idea and run with it.

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

quote:
Originally posted by yumitori:

Dinosaurs are often left by Red Hot Mama for the simple reason that she's the granddaughter of Earl Douglass, who found the first fossils in what is now Dinosaur National Monument. Leonata (great granddaughter) and I got the first bunch for her, and she's taken the idea and run with it. Ron/yumitori

And the third reason. Signature Items. That moves them into the geo-collectable zone.

Wheresgeorge $$$'s are popular because a lot of people like to find them. They are also easy to carry. When I went on vacation, I exclusively traded WG$'s because I didn't want to have to tote around a big bag full of trade items.

They're also flexible. If you find something nice in a cache, you can leave 5 or 6 of them. If you're trading for something cheap, leave 1.

Can't say I've found any dinosaurs though.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

quote:
And the third reason. Signature Items. That moves them into the geo-collectable zone.

Which raises a question. If they are signature items, should they be marked as such? Perhaps a tag or some kind of markings on them?

I mean it's obvious when Team Slinky leaves a miniature slinky, but we know that and not necessarily everyone will. Should Team Slinky have a tag on them that says "Team Slinky Wuz Here!"? hehe

Brian Wood

Woodsters Outdoors

http://www.woodsters.com

If you find a "where's George" dollar, go to wheresgeorge.com and put in the serial # to track it's route. I have done this with my kids for a year or so and it's been fun to watch the bills travel around the country.

Happy Caching

Bob

PARENTS....THE ANTI-DRUG

quote:
can you explain travel bugs to me? I looked at the site and I still can't get it...

Travel bugs are little metal tags with a code number on them. You can use them as is, or most people like to attach them to items like stuffed animals, figurines, whatever...

Sometimes they have a goal, for instance to get to a specific cache in a specific state. Sometimes they have no goal.

They are placed in a cache and the next person who takes it enteres the code number on the travel bug page on this website. They then drop it off at another cache and the bug is tracked as it moves from place to place. Here's an example of one that's been moving around a lot. Click on "see a map of this bug's travels" to see where its been.

Here's one of mine.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry