Dan's Cache Stats Page is Down?

mikedx

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

There's a statistics page? Uh oh...that would mean this was a competitive thing... icon_smile.gif

I was simply trying to see if I am now ranked higher than 200th in the state. I'm certainly not in the running for the top 100. It's just FUN for me. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by infosponge:

There's a statistics page? Uh oh...that would mean this was a competitive thing... icon_smile.gif

I was simply trying to see if I am now ranked higher than 200th in the state. I'm certainly not in the running for the top 100. It's just FUN for me. icon_smile.gif

I placed a log and it got deleted by the cache owner. Then I placed it again. For me, here on geocaching.com it showed as one for my count total. Since the stat page had already logged the first one, it kept it and then logged my replacement log and so it showed up there as two. Still with me? OK, I emailed Dan and he gave me a link to all the logs I had on his page. ( I think you can just click on your name to get there) By looking at the log list on his page I saw two of the same cache right next to each other. I emailed Dan and was fixed up in a jiffy. I suggest that you might be experiencing the same thing.

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

I didn't know that site existed, though I'm not too worried about it at this point. Similar thought although not exactly the same is: Why does Geocaching show a "find" when you attach a note to a page? I sent a message as directed for an event cache. Now my cache page shows that one as found. The event isn't until August. Any suggestions?

Fairy tales & happy trails help old women stay young.

Corresponded with Dan this AM.

Seems he is having some kinda Webserver Software glitch.

He knows about the prob, and is workin to get it fixed up ASAP.

Dan is a fine feller, and his hard work on his Stats Page, is appreciated by all..

Have Patience, it will be back soon..

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

quote:
Originally posted by pater47:

I was dominating Mississippi.

I'm not too far behind you, my boy. One trip around the state, and the title is mine.

Jamie

I was working in Mississippi and gave it my best shot but alas had to leave a week or so too soon for it to happen. I think I was tied for #3 (finder) when I left. (Also the Mississippi poison ivy, oak or whatever diminished my enthusiasm somewhat the last couple of weeks I was there.)

Mike

[This message was edited by mikemtn on July 24, 2002 at 05:32 AM.]

[This message was edited by mikemtn on July 24, 2002 at 05:38 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

quote:

I was dominating Mississippi.

I'm not too far behind you, my boy. One trip around the state, and the title is mine.

Jamie

Jamie, Have you made your Natchez Trace run yet? The Trace caches in the Tupelo area are still alive. Of course, also thriving down here are kudzu vines, briars, mosquitoes, and @%$#& Wal-Mart bags!

I'm taking a week off first part of August. I'm still trying to decide whether to hit all remaining active caches in the state (only about 30 left) or to invade Bama.

Mitsuko was nice clean-cut Joisy Girl. She's moved on now. We can let her go now.

quote:

Jamie, Have you made your Natchez Trace run yet?

Nah... I'm planning to bicycle the Trace one of these days, but I can't seem to fit the plan into my long term schedule. Until then, I'm apprehensive about searching for any of the Natchez Trace caches.. and I've already found two of 'em.

I've got a little more than a month before school starts, and I still have two weeks worth of adventuring planned. A trip to southern Louisiana, and then a few days paddling the Mississippi River alongside a guy who's swimming the thing.

Jamie