Test... Please don't ignore.

Dru Morgan

This is the GCAT. Geocaching Aptitude Test. I hope you studied. wf_fuzzy and trippy1976 also contributed to this test. Do you have any more?

1. An ammo can is twice as long as it is wide. If the ammo can is 8cm wide and 20cm tall, what is the ammo can’s volume, in cubic centimeters?

a. 160 b. 1600 c. 2400 d. 2560 e. 2720

2. A geocacher has found 14 caches: 9 are traditional, 3 are virtual, and 2 are locationless. A cache log is selected from their profile at random and read. If the cache log read is for a traditional, what is the probability that the next cache log, selected at random from the remaining logs, is also a traditional?

a. 8/13 b. 9/13 c. 5/14 d. 8/14 e. 9/14

3. If the path to the cache requires you to walk .8 miles north, and 1.2 miles west, how far was the cache from your car as the crow flies?

a. .4 sqrt(13) b. .4 sqrt(10) c. .2 sqrt(10) d. .4 sqrt(5) e. .4

4. In a sample of 1000 forum posts, 1/40 of the posts were made by umc.

What is the ratio of umc posts to non-umc posts?

a. 1:25 b. 1:39 c. 1:40 d. 39:1 e. 40:1

5. Geocaching.com gets 30% of the money from sales of their newest geocaching vests. That 30% is split equally among the 5 admins. If the vests generate $1,000,000 in sales, how much does one admin receive?

a. $30,000 b. $50,000 c. $60,000 d. $200,000 e. $300,000

6. To "Markwell" is to:

a. geocache b. geodash c. get wet shoes d. post references to an existing thread. e. place a difficulty 5 cache.

7. Your batteries are low, it's cold, and there is heavy tree cover. The pointer on your GPS indicates the cache is ---> this way 48 feet. What does it really mean?

a. <--- 100 feet b. <--- 50 feet c. you used the wrong datum d. you set the wrong waypoints. e. You forgot that this is a virtual cache.

Reading Comprehension

Quote from Oregone’s log 10/26 from GC7286

We had travel bugs in our packs, so we decided to head down to Salem today to get a few miles on them. Unfortunately, all five caches we hit today were too small--amazing. One of them is this cute little bunny with a little housedress, and the other is this tie-dyed bear. I got a little bored last night and started taking pictures of the two bugs making sweet sweet love, but then I thought better of the whole endeavor and deleted the whole file. Probably a good thing.

I lived across the street from this park very briefly back in '96, and i used to hit on those scrumptious Willamette University girls a lot, so i had been to this park a few times and had a pretty good idea where to park without dealing with pesky mill creek. Salem, like Eugene, can't seem to keep a good bar in business, and i eventually lost interest after the Tahiti Lounge was torn down to make room for a bank drive-thru. Back in college at chemeketa, my film class and I tried to film a movie at the library/peace plaza, but the police kept coming out of their office to shut us down; They were especially unamused when we threw a dummy off the roof of the parking garage, so we had to film the rest of it at the Lancaster Mall--you can imagine the obvious continuity errors, I’m sure. I'm pretty sure we ended up getting a C+ on the project because of it.

Laurencat spotted the cache first because i was holding the GPS and incorrectly looking in the wrong place. That was the story all day.

8. What town is the cache in?

a. Eugene b. Willamette c. Chemeketa d. Salem e. Lancaster

9. Who is wearing a little house dress?

a. Eugene b. Laurencat c. Willamette University girls d. a bunny e. a bear

10. What replaced the Tahiti Lounge?

a. a park b. a bank drive-through c. a bar d. a mall e. a parking garage

stealyourcache.gif Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian. -Dru Morgan

11. Slinger91, bubble_luscious, Laurencat, and oregone go to four seperate bars in downtown Centralia, Washington, and they each order their favorite drink. The bars are all on the same block and are named--from west to east--Paley's, The Donner Party, CityClub, and Westover Tavern.

-Slinger91 doesn't order anything with vodka.

-Laurencat goes to Paley's, but hates beer.

-Oregone orders what bubble_luscious orders at the bar directly to the west of Laurencat.

-Bubble_luscious doesn't order a vodka or a margarita.

-The Donner Party only serves beer and wine.

-Slinger91 is east of the Westover Tavern.

-The police station is west of the CityClub.

Using the above information: How many geocaches did the four of them find the next morning?

a)0 b)1-2 c)3-4 d)5-6 e)6+

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

My number 2 pencil just broke...

So.

Where are the answers??

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!