How many geocachers have you found?

Hmmm, no luck here, all I've found is McToys and a few Wheres George dollars.

And how yo we know a trade up? Is taking a Mopar and leaving an umc trading up or trading down? How about a leaving a Leprechaun and taking a Sr&dboggny?

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

I've met a total of 23 geocachers on the trails. (A few of them I've crossed paths with several times.)

The most I've ever met at one time is 4. (At one of Ed634's caches I met Macro and then as we were leaving 3 Fontastiks came along.)

I've also met 3 cachers along the trails numerous times. (StayFloopy and Ma and Pa Floopy have the record ... I crossed paths with them 4 or 5 times; twice in one day at caches 50 miles apart.)

close a few times, while i was going in, they were on another trail out...

I have met 1 while out servicing my cache, picking up a T/B that had been sitting there...It was cool, Kinda funny how we were both aquward towards each other untill i saw his gps and said hey geocacher.......

See you in the woods!

Natureboy1376

I have done it 3 times. The first time we were looking high and low for a microcache and my daugther said that a guy was coming and just hid a GPS in his pocket. I walked up to him and introduced myself. While we were chatting, my daughter found the cache.

Another time, my son and I were along a bike path next to a river--more of the storm drainage. We see a guy looking way too interested in the stream. He was trying to lay low until we left so he could find the cache. We said Hi, asked them if he was geocaching, and then when for the cache together.

The last time was Christmas afternoon. A new cache was just posted and it was near my house. We went for it, was FTF, and then I met a married couple on the way down the trail. We recognized each other by username, visited for a while and took each others photo.

I enjoy meeting fellow geocachers.

Let's see: Ryan Harris (first cacher I'd met), Weinerdog, Lucy and Rickie, GoRide,Moun10Bike, Kodak's4, Seth!, Rosencrantz and Guildernstein(sp?),2Dolphins, The Mad Cacher and PJ, Leatherman, Wallie Dawg and Geo Puppies, Bad Dog 1762, and a geocaching couple that I didn't quite catch their name.

Most seen at one time was when I met Seth!, Moun10Bike, Kodak's4 at a local cache. Another was meeting Moun10Bike and 2Dolphins and seeing MTB get his 700th find (Puzzle Cache: Beavers or something like that). This doesn't include geo meetings or after meeting cache hunts.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

And how yo we know a trade up? Is taking a Mopar and leaving an umc trading up or trading down? How about a leaving a Leprechaun and taking a Sr&dboggny?

A Leprechauns / Sr&dboggny trade should NEVER happen. Alcohol and explosives are both things which cannot be left in geocaches.

Oh, and to be on-topic, I've gotten two other families interested in geocaching so far!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I've run into other cachers one time, and I had to travel to do it. meadowmuffin and I were visiting family near Buffalo, and went searching for our first New York state cache. While there, 300mag, from Ottawa, was searching, and he'd come with part of the family who'd placed the cache. We all enjoyed the meeting, especially the 'international' feel of it all.

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

I really need to start staying up later again..

I think what you are trying to say here is that trading a umc would be the ultimate trade up sinces we all know mopars run for doot and brdads wear dresses. icon_smile.gif

Hooked someone on Geocaching???

Never. Anytime I even tell someone about geocaching they look at be with the "what the heck are you talking about" look. I'm still hoping but I tend to keep it quiet now since most people around me just don't get it.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

........ I was way off trail, rummaging around in the brush, looking for a cache. Heard a noise, looked up, and there was this woman walking toward me, with a crazed look in her eye, and carrying something in her right hand. I was getting a bit worried -- until I saw it was a Street Pilot III.

[This message was edited by Brown Dwarf on January 16, 2003 at 08:54 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by upinyachit:

I found a few in Colorado, Florida, and here in New York. LOL

Haven't yet gotten anyone else into the sport, but we've met eight or nine other cachers/teams while on the trail in a scant six months. Once, at a recently-placed cache, we came up and saw someone signing the logbook, and as we waited, another team came up behind *us*, so we had a queue forming!

My first meeting on the trail was rather eventful. I met Thumbs when looking for a cache (as it turns out, he used to work with my wife). He ended up stirring up a ground bee hive and I got stung about 8 times.

Do you think it would be cool if you could log a find of another Geocacher on the Geocaching website?

dyslexics of the world, untie.

Several months ago a guy stopped me in a park way out in the middle of nowhere to ask directions. I used the map on my GPS to show him where he wanted to go and he asked lots of questions about the unit and I explained geocaching to him. Well, last saturday I was parked at a cache nearly 100 miles away and someone pulls up, holding a gps and he looked awfully familiar....

I don't know what the odds are that he and I picked the same cache at the same time but it has to be in the millions. I really have to hand it to him too because he has no internet access. He went to his brothers house, did a search and wrote the co-ords down and took off hunting. He even had a few virts mixed in there and didnt know what they were till after he tried to find one. He gets my vote as he-man-geocacher of the year.

When GPSr's are outlawed, only Outlaws will have GPSr's.