Dumbest Thing You Put in a Cache

Guest Paul Lamble

Guest Nemesis

A tin of vegeterian mock duck (this is simply braised gluten, but it really is a dumb name) in my "Sutton Salt Lake (Middlemarch)" stash.

BTW, I put all kinds of useless junk I had lying around the house in my early stashes. I think this better reflects the character of the hider than using stuff that has been bought for the purpose (as I have had to for my latest stashes, I simply ran out of junk icon_wink.gif).

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest Nemesis

A tin of vegeterian mock duck (this is simply braised gluten, but it really is a dumb name) in my "Sutton Salt Lake (Middlemarch)" stash.

BTW, I put all kinds of useless junk I had lying around the house in my early stashes. I think this better reflects the character of the hider than using stuff that has been bought for the purpose (as I have had to for my latest stashes, I simply ran out of junk icon_wink.gif).

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest Lazyboy

OK, one item that has been sitting in a cache I planted is a telephone. I thought it was cool. No one else does ?????? Guess I ain't cool no more.

on in a couple years (probably sooner rather than later) I am going to build a cache... It will be about the size of an outhouse and in the middle of nowhere... Then I am gonna kidnap the @$^## and lock her in my cache-closet. I might post the cords after four or five months if I'm feeling nice.

karl

Guest Nemesis

Karl, that would be a dumb thing to put in a cache, but not really appropriate however.

I put a cheese grater in one of my stashes, that was pretty dumb on reflection.

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest PneumaticDeath

My friend and I put in a 9600 baud modem. The cache was dedicated to pet rocks, and this thing is about as useful as a rock these days. icon_smile.gif (Fully functional, to the best of my knowledge.)

-- Mitch

Guest PneumaticDeath

My friend and I put in a 9600 baud modem. The cache was dedicated to pet rocks, and this thing is about as useful as a rock these days. icon_smile.gif (Fully functional, to the best of my knowledge.)

-- Mitch

Guest easom1

I have seen the Ice Cream scoop that Chipper placed and have seen at least one patatoe masher, and thought they were both good items. I put 3 or four guitar pics in all of my caches and I thought those were kind of dumb but those and the pewter soldiers that I place in every cache are always the first to get taken. I placed a mini disk from AOL once for a joke but it got taken quickly so I guess the joke was on me. easom

eek.gif

Guest jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by easom1:

I placed a mini disk from AOL once for a joke but it got taken quickly so I guess the joke was on me. easom

eek.gif

For shame!

Guest yrium

If I ever come across a potato masher or an Ice Cream scoop I'm yelling "dibs". I love to find goofy stuff in caches & I love leaving strange things. I've left a hard plastic egg timer that changes color to show when the egg is done and it was immediatly grabbed so I know I'm not alone.

--- yrium ---

Guest Mike_Teague

one's man trash is another mans treasure, or whatever they say...

Probably the stupidest things I've put in caches were some of those 25 cent toys you get in those vending machines in the front of a grocery store... The people with kids know what I'm talkin' bout... Various junk -- like slime, plastic jewlery, etc... in a plastic capsule... Also have put a bunch of these little 10 cent chinese stamped-foam gliders in a few... (comes in a package about 2 inches by 7 inches, put the one piece thru the other piece and you have a little airplane to throw thru the air -- the ones with the little clear nose-weight and a blue plastic propeller!)

I've not yet visited a cache that didn't have _something_ worth taking...

Guest Nemesis

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Teague:

....have put a bunch of these little 10 cent chinese stamped-foam gliders in a few...

They might be cheap, but they provide hours of fun for adults and children alike. I have put various types in my last ten or so stashes.

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest Cybeq

I put a new shower curtain in one of my caches. It's a dumb but entirely useful item.

------------------

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night. Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

Guest dutchman12

I put a mini bottle of Tabasco Sauce in a micro cache. It was sealed, so it'll stay fresh for the finder. Maybe they can use it on an egg mcmuffin or something.

------------------

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I thought that a package with a small pack of Band-Aids + Neosporin would be good, no takers yet... Beer mats aka coasters seem to get taken alot though, go figure !?

Guest Guppy

Everyone here seems to think that kitchen utensils are stupid. I don't understand. Sometimes you just need a new icecream scoop! icon_wink.gif No really, most of the items people leave and think are strange seem, to me, to be useful. Used movie tickets are another story. You may as well leave pocket lint. Now MY confession. We once left a plastic frog.

Guest Guppy

Everyone here seems to think that kitchen utensils are stupid. I don't understand. Sometimes you just need a new icecream scoop! icon_wink.gif No really, most of the items people leave and think are strange seem, to me, to be useful. Used movie tickets are another story. You may as well leave pocket lint. Now MY confession. We once left a plastic frog.

Guest Tissue

Probably the dumbest thing I've put in a cache would be a small now expired coupon for $.50 off a schlotskies sandwich. Which I found in the glove compartment of our car. Traded it for a small little plastic moon. Left somthing dumb took somthing dumb, sounds like a good trade to me. Actually now I feel rather dumb for it. I'm much wiser now. Not to say that I was ever very wise. lol

Guest Robereno

Don?t know about the dumbest thing I?ve put in a cache but I left something really dumb on the geocaching website. Proudly posted my cache for Secret Canyon but spelled it Secrete Canyon. Took me a week to figure that one out and it was only because I was looking at a can of Bush?s Baked Beans that said, ?Secret Family Recipe?. Something just didn?t look right.

Geez, just put me out of my misery. I?m a constant source of entertainment to my friends.

icon_redface.gif

Guest Robereno

Don?t know about the dumbest thing I?ve put in a cache but I left something really dumb on the geocaching website. Proudly posted my cache for Secret Canyon but spelled it Secrete Canyon. Took me a week to figure that one out and it was only because I was looking at a can of Bush?s Baked Beans that said, ?Secret Family Recipe?. Something just didn?t look right.

Geez, just put me out of my misery. I?m a constant source of entertainment to my friends.

icon_redface.gif

Guest McIrish

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

icon_redface.gif

Good News Robereno!! If you look at Random House Webster's College Dictonary, the word secret can also be spelled secrete. Generally, that is not the spelling but, just tell people you went to school in France or something...hahahahaha. Tell you friends to stop laughing. I have a cache called Brier Rabbit's Stash....I spelled Brier that way intentionally. But, if you look at the book it is spelled Brer Rabbit. There were thorns and blackberry bushes so I decided on Brier, not Briar or Brer...I have had to explain myself more than once...LOL confused.gif

Guest McIrish

quote:
Originally posted by Robereno:

icon_redface.gif

Good News Robereno!! If you look at Random House Webster's College Dictonary, the word secret can also be spelled secrete. Generally, that is not the spelling but, just tell people you went to school in France or something...hahahahaha. Tell you friends to stop laughing. I have a cache called Brier Rabbit's Stash....I spelled Brier that way intentionally. But, if you look at the book it is spelled Brer Rabbit. There were thorns and blackberry bushes so I decided on Brier, not Briar or Brer...I have had to explain myself more than once...LOL confused.gif

Guest Gossamyrrh

I left a can of Spam once, thinking I was cute....now I see how un-original the idea was.

I love goofy stuff in caches....I already have enough mini-carabiners, compasses, keychain lanterns....the "useful" stuff from the Wal Mart camping aisle.

I've considered finding a larger ammo box and starting a geocache book swap.