leg hurts

cwoper

I'm sitting here,and believe me,I have to sit,bored to tears.My left leg is killing me,not so much right now, because I am under the influence of vicodin and cyclobenzapr (flexeril).However, in about 2 hours,when this stuff starts to wear thin, I'll be asking Jesus to be my friend.I mean I'm talking butt cheek,knee,shin,calf,ankel,foot and toes!!!THE WHOLE LEG!!!This is what I think happend fellow Cachers.I went on a monster cache hunt and in the process I wore my canteen on my right side hooked to my waist pack and I think my left side tried to compensate.The result...PAIN!!!Went to see my Doc.She made a back adjustment.Next morning,back feels great but leg pain seems worse.She says come in today I want to see you,she won't even touch me this time,and wants me to go have a MRI done!!!I'm 41 years old,what do I need to have a MRI done for?Well,anyway,looks like cwoper is out of the game for awhile,a short while.I'm thinking about tying a strong piece of string around my leg and tying the other end around a door knob,slamming the door shut and just pulling the stupid thing off!!!Then I can just slap one of thoes cool looking walking sticks on in place of my missing leg!!! I'll be as good as new.I want to go Caching. icon_frown.gif

Ouch! Sorry!

I can sympathize, having wrecked a leg for two weeks recently as a result of a 12-foot fall off an icy trail into a creek.

My one suggestion would be to buy a Camelbak to replace your canteen. Carry your water comfortably on your back, and drink without even having to stop walking.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

SHe is probably ordering and MRI to see the alignment of your leg. Nothing to worry about, they did it to me too. I thought my meniscus in my knee was torn, here i was doing some weight lifting and my muscles and tendons were just recouping, but boy did it hurt, i felt like i had rocks in my knee everytime i bent down it crunched. But its ok now, and nothing was wrong. Just needed rest. GL

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

I know pretty much of what you speak of.....had knee surgery on the 3rd........

I must admit the Vicodin helps one to sleep pretty good though......but I am weaning myself off the meds because I don't like to take them unless I have to...

Good luck getting back "into the game".....

Earth First!!! We'll cache the other planets later!!

quote:
Then I can just slap one of those cool looking walking sticks on in place of my missing leg!!! I'll be as good as new ...

Be sure to get the model with the compass, whistle, thermometer, and signal mirror! Maybe you could get a retracting GPSr holster like Robocop.

I've never been lost, but I was a might bewildered for three days once. Daniel Boone

quote:
Originally posted by cwoper:

I'm sitting here,and believe me,I have to sit,bored to tears. I went on a monster cache hunt and in the process I wore my canteen on my right side hooked to my waist pack and I think my left side tried to compensate.

You know, there is a reason the military uses a web type harness with suspenders for carrying gear. Up until a year ago, I too used my retired military stuff to tote a gallon of water and the rest of my equipment. But no more.

Enter the Camelbak. I saw the Camelbak Military H.A.W.G., and I just had to have one. Got it in desert camo, light colors are best for the desert. It takes hiking and geocaching to a new level.

THIS PHOTO is myself and my hiking companion. You can clearly see the camelbak HAWG on my back, with radio and accs hanging off the sides. You might consider something like it. OR... I can make you a great deal on a complete military system. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

What are you waiting for?? I have degenerative disc disease, some days I can't use the left leg at all so I spend that time planning out where to go on better days, on better days I hit the level 1-2's in the area, on GREAT days it's an all out attack on the 3-4's....still waiting for the day I can go get that 5/5 I've been looking at!

Just be careful out there and know your limits!

quote:

THIS PHOTO is myself and my hiking companion. You can clearly see the camelbak HAWG on my back, with radio and accs hanging off the sides. You might consider something like it. OR... I can make you a great deal on a complete military system

Yea, and if you get too tired out there you can just ride him home. icon_razz.gif

Just kidding he is a beautiful pup.

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

I had my back go out shortly after I started caching. I was in bed for a week and I was wishing that I could get out caching. Heck, who am I kidding...I would have settled for not being in pain. That's the first time I ever asked a doctor for pain medication and he said no.

Cwoper, I know what you are talking about. About 3 years ago, I slipped a disk in my back. I could not lie down, stand or sit without have a terrible pain in my back and right leg. Spent 2 months in bed and about 6 more months on crutches. Pain killers were a big part of my diet. It took a long time for the pain to be tolerable but I can at least go hiking now. Every once in a while, it flares up again and I have to take it easy for a week or so. Your doctor has ordered an mri to check out your spine. (possibly a bulging disk but if your lucky it is just a pulled muscle) I hope everything works out well for you.

I'm no doctor either but after injuring my back in the old days, it's never been the same.

It's amazing how little it takes to throw it out again - such as bending down to pick up a glove I dropped - ouch! For days I could barely walk and it took me 5 minutes to get out of a car.

One discovery I made was to find a good chiropractor. After a couple of visits, I felt better than I had in years and able to walk just fine. I just need a tune-up every once in a while now.

Walking on uneven ground while caching and wearing heavy boots is very dangerous for me and I'm always as careful as I can be.

Good luck!

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

I know what you are talking about cwoper. I was playing volleyball, when I went up to block a spike from the other side and came down on the foot of another player. I rolled my ankle and went down immediately. That was 8 days ago. I have been on crutches ever since. I just today saw my doctor for my followup visit and the doctor was not pleased with my progress. I had to go today and get an MRI also. It seems I may have torn some ligiments or something. I won't know for another day or two. I am dieing to get out and get caching again. I know I have at least another week or two before that will happen though. Until then I scour the cache pages and spend alot of time here at the forums.

Hold out. Caching has fixed me up. Little by little I was able to walk better. I have fibromyalgia and used to spend the weekends in pain on the softa, now I have become stronger walking on the soft earth and had the motivation. Take it easy and have hope. You can condition back to it. I will leave some caches close to the road in New Mexico. That way both of us can get to themicon_smile.gif