Real quick...

As far as the webby awards goes...

seems to me, the vast number of geocachers there are, geocaching should be the front runner in the webby awards.

What has happened here? I was in on four votes-maybe five.

I have not closely examined the polls or the results of yet, so I may be asking prematurely.

I thought geocaching would be a shoe-in for the award. icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

As far as the webby awards goes...

seems to me, the vast number of geocachers there are, geocaching should be the front runner in the webby awards.

What has happened here? I was in on four votes-maybe five.

I have not closely examined the polls or the results of yet, so I may be asking prematurely.

I thought geocaching would be a shoe-in for the award. icon_confused.gif

What site are you looking at? The webby site I went to still shows us with 26% of the vote. The next nearest site is livejournal, with 12%.

Perhaps you are looking at the 33% for all other write-ins? Thats not one site, thats ALL the various write in sites together (minus the leading write-in, which has 11% of the total vote). None of them have enough votes alone to touch us right now. Still got another month to go, so those who havent voted, VOTE! If you are worried about spam, create an email account at yahoo.com. I have one I use just for stuff like this. I don't use it for anything else but websites that want an email address to sign up. I go in there every few weeks and just delete everything, I know theres no mail I'm interested in.

Not that I want your vote or anything icon_biggrin.gif, but they are pretty serious about their privacy policy. Just don't check the boxes that ask if you want your information passed on to sponsors. They're even nice enough to have them unchecked for you.

2 more weeks of stress as the votes are tallied. Thanks to everyone who already voted for us!

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by NJ Admin:

What site are _you_ looking at? The webby site I went to still shows us with 26% of the vote. The next nearest site is livejournal, with 12%.

Perhaps you are looking at the 33% for all other write-ins? Thats not one site, thats ALL the various write in sites together (minus the leading write-in, which has 11% of the total vote). None of them have enough votes alone to touch us right now. Still got another month to go, so those who havent voted, VOTE! If you are worried about spam, create an email account at yahoo.com. I have one I use just for stuff like this. I don't use it for anything else but websites that want an email address to sign up. I go in there every few weeks and just delete everything, I know theres no mail I'm interested in.

Yup, as I said... I may have posted a bit prematurely. I was not sure how the ratings went...

You know, I kinda got scared when we were lagging (as the bar graph showed in relation to the percentages).

Thanks NJ Admin for the enlightenment icon_smile.gif

Get around the SPAM thing with a SPAM account. I set up a free account and used that to register for the Webbys. Got to vote with no icky spam as a consequence.

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.