Are there web available maps and lat/long coords?

I have been using search engines to get maps to locations according to address as well as for lat/long coordinates. Does anyone have suggestions for a web site that will convert an address to latitude and longitude? For example, I was recently in Mesa, Arizona for my sister's wedding. The reception was in west Phoenix for which I had the address. I just neede to have Ccoodinates to plug into the GPS unit.

Any help? Thanx.

GPSbabel provided the missing link for doing this for me...

I could import a csv file of addresses into Streets and Trips (using the import data wizard) and have it match addresses to points on a map. This works like a charm.

But until GPSbabel, I had no way to take these push pins and *do* anything with them (like download them to my gps). It was always a manual effort to use the 'location sensor' tool and try to pinpoint the locations, and then manually transcribe the coordinates...

Now, I export the map area I'm interested in using "Export for Pocket Streets and Trips". This createa a map file (.mps) that I don't really care about (I don't have a pocket pc and microsoft doesn't like talking to palms), but this export also creates a pushpins file (.psp).

The psp file is what we want -- because it has all the pushpin information for the map area (including latitude and longitude for each pushpin).

GPSbabel will read this psp file and convert it to a .loc or .gpx (or any of many other file types) that can then be loaded into Easygps or Expertgps and downloaded to my gps.

Bruce