Revisiting Found Caches

I've gone back to a few caches, other than moved caches where the owner said to go ahead and re-hunt. A couple of times, it was to let my 5-year-old daughter hunt one she hadn't been to before. Another time, I went to get a TBug. And once, I took a local TV reporter. Whenever I re-visit a non-moved cache, I ALWAYS log it as an OTHER, never a find. You can't find something that isn't lost, and if I already know where it is, it ain't lost. icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif

I've gone back to a few caches, other than moved caches where the owner said to go ahead and re-hunt. A couple of times, it was to let my 5-year-old daughter hunt one she hadn't been to before. Another time, I went to get a TBug. And once, I took a local TV reporter. Whenever I re-visit a non-moved cache, I ALWAYS log it as an OTHER, never a find. You can't find something that isn't lost, and if I already know where it is, it ain't lost. icon_wink.gif

25021_1200.gif

I went back to the first cache I ever visited to get the item (a Halloween hacky sack) I placed into the cache because I decided I needed it for my Halloween-themed cache.

I went back to a cache once to get a travel bug because that was the first time I'd seen a TB show up in a cache. I did stick the TB into another cache later that same morning.

Of course, revisits are logged as "Other", but I've seen enough violations of that rule that it doesn't even get a rise out of me anymore when I see it.

I've returned to about four or five caches I've already found, some more than once. Of course I log these visits at notes...

Usually it's because I'm in the area and want to check on the condition of the cache. Once it was to retrieve a travelbug.

Jamie

We'll probably go back to a bunch of caches, just as soon as we get our signature items. We probably won't make the trip back to Indy just to "sign" the one we've found down there (though we might do so if we find ourselves in the area again) but we'll probably go re-find the others just to add a Warm Fuzzy and (of course) to check on their condition.

To be fair, though, none of the caches we've found are on terrain more difficult than 2, so revisiting all of them will be the work of a single afternoon now that we know where to look.

Wishing there was somewhere around here with terrain more difficult than 2 and less difficult than 5...