I really wanted to be a member (still do)

I posted my original plight in Getting Started regarding making a $30 PayPal donation when intending to pay for a Charter Membership.

I have sent emails to the "contact" email at geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com and have not gotten any kind of reply in the 2 days since I made my "contribution".

Usually, it seems that Jeremy (and crew?) are pretty responsive to the postings. I thought I'd get a pretty fast resolution to my email request...

How long should I wait before I give up and just accept that I am a non-member who donated $30?

Interesting dilema. I had thought the paypal controbution button was for 5.00? But never having used it I'm not sure. Still can you ammend your paypal payment with a note? I'd give it a full week before getting worried about it. You have to consider that they have to connect your emails with your paypal, then process your request (I sent my payment out monday and so far as I know I'm not a member yet).

Having email problems. My email queuing system basically choked on Tuesday sometime and I'm still working on it. I'm now answering emails directly from the account while I work on the problem.

I also get 150+ emails a day to the contact address, so when I'm working on a project I get backed up a bit.

Jeremy

I used the paypal option last night and recieved 2 confirmation emails within minutes of each other. After entering the conformation code from the email into the web site I got an instant response that said I was now a charter member. I think Jeramy's mail system is working properly, at least it was last night, and at lightning speed. Thanks, Pat C. nmc491@aol.com