Changing User Name

OK Scott what did you do ... that would make you have to go underground ... Triffid will still find you ... icon_biggrin.gif no matter what you call yourself!

All joking aside ... I don't know exactly ... if you start another account it would probably take you back to square one ... I don't know about just trying to change user names ... maybe Jeremy will see this and answer pretty soon.

Take care ...

348_2702.gif

OK Scott what did you do ... that would make you have to go underground ... Triffid will still find you ... icon_biggrin.gif no matter what you call yourself!

All joking aside ... I don't know exactly ... if you start another account it would probably take you back to square one ... I don't know about just trying to change user names ... maybe Jeremy will see this and answer pretty soon.

Take care ...

348_2702.gif

I changed mine and the system kept all my finds and changed my geonick on all the pages where I had logs.

The one exception I found was with my own caches. When created the cache log, I manually entered the information on the cache log page - including my geonick. So, I had to go back and manually edit my cache log pages to refect the change.

I changed my nick after several months of caching. I only had three problems, two of which were easily fixed. First problem, the "hidden by" field for caches you hid does not change. Even if you did not manually enter it. Just edit the cache page to fix this. Second problem, I had to ask the geocaching stats site to transfer the logs under my old user ID to my new one. That was taken care of quickly. Third problem is when people have made reference to you in their logs or forum posts. There is no good way to fix this, so you just hope people can figure it out on their own.

rdw