Geaocaching in city parks

Little's Cache

SHHHHH!!!!!!

There goes another one of our secrets.

Outsiders only remember the Mistake on the Lake and flammable waterways but that was a long time ago. The locals consider America's North Coast the best location in the nation.

One of the nations best park systems, more library books per capita than anywhere else in the US, a thriving arts community, a world class health care system, miles of lakefront, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, dozens of excellent caches.......

Nah!! Stay away. It's not that fun here anyway. You wouldn't like it. icon_wink.gif

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

SHHHHH!!!!!!

Outsiders only remember the Mistake on the Lake and flammable waterways but that was a long time ago. The locals consider America's North Coast the best location in the nation.

One of the nations best park systems, more library books per capita than anywhere else in the US, a thriving arts community, a world class health care system, miles of lakefront, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, dozens of excellent caches.......

Nah!! Stay away. It's not that fun here anyway. You wouldn't like it. icon_wink.gif

SHHHHH!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

I think I saw one of the caches in one of the photos.

More than one, I think. I've pointed to Cleveland Metroparks when talking to other park system administrators. It is great that they're participating like this. They should have spoiler warnings on the site, though, for those who want to have to use a GPSr. I believe these are all registered on geocaching.com as well.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

The city parks system gives prizes AND hosts a gathering? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

"To register for Cleveland Metroparks Geocaching, please call (440) 247-7075 or e-mail with your name, address and phone number.

By registering you will be eligible for prizes and an end of the year gathering.

It is your responsibility to keep track of which caches you have found with the scorecard provided"

whack.gif

The city parks system gives prizes AND hosts a gathering? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

"To register for Cleveland Metroparks Geocaching, please call (440) 247-7075 or e-mail with your name, address and phone number.

By registering you will be eligible for prizes and an end of the year gathering.

It is your responsibility to keep track of which caches you have found with the scorecard provided"

whack.gif

I interviewed in the City of San Jose Department of Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services, as admin assistant to the director. If I'd gotten the job I wanted to press for geocaching promotion on the web pages. Well, I still work for the City so maybe I can do something about it. I'll keep pondering it. We have lots of neighborhood and regional parks here and lots of them have geocaches in them already.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Cache 'n' carry... My 4 year old!