Does this bother anyone else?

TeamTJ

Despite what anyone else has to say, I too can be offended by some things others do.

The difference is, I'm not going to sue anyone, or protest, or anything, just state it is offensive and leave it at that.

That's the great thing about our country, you have the right to say what's on your mind, and the rest of us have the right to agree or disagree, and state our opinion as well. So there's no need to "get over it." If it bothers you, go ahead and say so, just don't expect anything to be done about it is all.

Just my very humble opinion.

icon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Breaktrack:

...you have the right to say what's on your mind, and the rest of us have the right to agree or disagree, and state our opinion as well.

There's no constitutional right to express your opinion on geocaching dot com.

However, the common opinion in this country (America) is that one should be able to voice an opinion at any time, and I'm of that thought.

His statement may be shocking, but it's a valid historical reference to make a point.

Anyway, you didn't request that the log be removed... you only asked if we were bothered by the log. My answer: No.

Jamie

It's merely a hackneyed way of expressing his distaste for being required to follow rules.

Yawn.

Leave him alone and move on, the poor fellow is a little short of ways to express himself.

Unless you're extremely thin-skinned, then feel free to fret over it until you can't sleep at night.

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

I think he's just expressing his frustration with a perceived overly strict enforcement of the rules at geocaching.com. Although I do think comparing the admins here with Nazi Germany might just be a tad over the top.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

I'm not saying that anyone should be offended, just asking if anyone was.

I didn't bring it up to ruffle feathers or to invoke the "get over its"...Guess I was "just pissin about someone elses log entry..."

Whether it was meant to be humor or not, I find it offensive. Sure it's his right to post it, but it's also my right to post back.

I'm not thin-skinned, but some things just don't need to be said.

Morgan

TeamTJ

Now before you people come and hide a flaming sack of poop cache on my front porch, let me explain:

I attempted to post a "one time only" cache only to be shot down by King Jeremy. I looked at the FAQ and it said that variations of the game were encouraged, but still Jeremy would not allow a one time only cache. He says the logistics are flawed. I argued that this variation would be like a "Geo-race", that the first geocacher that found it could rehide it and repost the new coords. He added that "one time caches" are off limits.

I realize that geocaching is his little invention, but why be so heavy-handed about it? Looks to me like variations are encouraged unless he just doesn't like them. I say those who do not want to find a one time only cache do not have to look for it. Those of us who do want to get to stay off the couch a bit more. I fail to see the problem and i was more than a little po'ed.

Don't you people have anything better to do than griping about my griping?icon_smile.gif

The statement in question has been removed, are ya happy now?

Bender

p.s. i spelled it just as i had planned on spelling it. and thanks for the notariety!!

I will be posting one time only caches soon, on my own website.

quote:
Originally posted by Bender:

I argued that this variation would be like a "Geo-race", that the first geocacher that found it could rehide it and repost the new coords. He added that "one time caches" are off limits.

How is this different from a regular moving cache? Is it just that ownership actually changes as it moves?

quote:

Now before you people come and hide a flaming sack of poop cache on my front porch, let me explain:

I attempted to post a "one time only" cache only to be shot down by King Jeremy. I looked at the FAQ and it said that variations of the game were encouraged, but still Jeremy would not allow a one time only cache. He says the logistics are flawed. I argued that this variation would be like a "Geo-race", that the first geocacher that found it could rehide it and repost the new coords. He added that "one time caches" are off limits.

I realize that geocaching is his little invention, but why be so heavy-handed about it? Looks to me like variations are encouraged unless he just doesn't like them. I say those who do not want to find a one time only cache do not have to look for it. Those of us who do want to get to stay off the couch a bit more. I fail to see the problem and i was more than a little po'ed.

Don't you people have anything better to do than griping about my griping?icon_smile.gif

The statement in question has been removed, are ya happy now?

Bender

p.s. i spelled it just as i had planned on spelling it. and thanks for the notariety!!

I will be posting one time only caches soon, on my own website.

It's people like this dinkis that give caching a bad name.

quote:

And that was a comeback to what? Your responses are are ALMOST as intellegent as your logs.

I hate to explosively lance any boils here, but when one refers to another's intelligence, he should at least spell intelligent correctly, lest he becomes the least intelligent of the two.

quote:

quote:

Hey Bender, if that is what you are going for, you might be interested in www.geodashing.org which plays it like a game where first finder is the one that gets points or something. I don't know too much detail about it, as I prefer the "traditional" type myself. I have also heard of something like a race called Minute-Wars, but I don't have any info about it.

quote:

Hey Bender, if that is what you are going for, you might be interested in www.geodashing.org which plays it like a game where first finder is the one that gets points or something. I don't know too much detail about it, as I prefer the "traditional" type myself. I have also heard of something like a race called Minute-Wars, but I don't have any info about it.

I attempted to post a "one time only" cache only to be shot down by King Jeremy. I looked at the FAQ and it said that variations of the game were encouraged, but still Jeremy would not allow a one time only cache. He says the logistics are flawed. I argued that this variation would be like a "Geo-race", that the first geocacher that found it could rehide it and repost the new coords. He added that "one time caches" are off limits./QUOTE]

A one time only cache would be a cache that was archived after the 1st person found it. Sounds like what you describe is a moving cache, which are nothing new, or inovative, and most certainly are allowed.

I can see though if the cache page was written like your log was how the approvers might not have understood what you meant.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.